U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 01:19 AM

473 posts, read 1,468,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
is bellingham just peachy?it seems to get worse as it does everywhere
Rural living is the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 08:58 PM

2 posts, read 5,207 times
I live in Paradise Valley. I don't do drugs,and having lived in Bellingham,and Yakima Wa., I disagree that crime is substantially higher here than in either of those Cities. Texas Street in Bellingham ,for example is a well known Drug "hot spot". Also, The Northwest Ave, area,near Albertsons has a bad reputation. There are good and bad people everywhere. If you decline to associate with the "bad people" around you they generally just leave you alone. Teach your kids to "say no" to drugs. Make them stay home where they belong,and you'll be fine here.Moderator cut: advertising There is a lake close by,Skiing at Mt.Baker,close by. It's like living in a park. Lots of trees, outdoors friendly. If you do drugs here , someone will turn you in, It's not the "druggy Haven " anymore. ( if it ever actually was) There's just a lot of people,with no knowledge of what they are talking about,saying stupid things about this area that in actuality aren't true. There is no more of a drug problem here,than In Bellingham, Seattle ,Yakima,or any other place in this State. The more "good people" who live here,the less "bad people" will like it,as in any other place."Birds of a feather flock together".

Last edited by David Aguilar; 01-29-2012 at 10:24 AM..

Old 01-25-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulx View Post
I live in Paradise Valley. I don't do drugs,and having lived in Bellingham,and Yakima Wa., I disagree that crime is substantially higher here than in either of those Cities. Texas Street in Bellingham ,for example is a well known Drug "hot spot". Also, The Northwest Ave, area,near Albertsons has a bad reputation. There are good and bad people everywhere. If you decline to associate with the "bad people" around you they generally just leave you alone. Teach your kids to "say no" to drugs. Make them stay home where they belong,and you'll be fine here. Moderator cut: advertising There is a lake close by,Skiing at Mt.Baker,close by. It's like living in a park. Lots of trees, outdoors friendly. If you do drugs here , someone will turn you in, It's not the "druggy Haven " anymore. ( if it ever actually was) There's just a lot of people,with no knowledge of what they are talking about,saying stupid things about this area that in actuality aren't true. There is no more of a drug problem here,than In Bellingham, Seattle ,Yakima,or any other place in this State. The more "good people" who live here,the less "bad people" will like it,as in any other place."Birds of a feather flock together".
How high or bad are the property tax assessments?

Old 01-26-2012, 01:25 AM

1,319 posts, read 2,055,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulx View Post
I live in Paradise Valley. I don't do drugs,and having lived in Bellingham,and Yakima Wa., I disagree that crime is substantially higher here than in either of those Cities. Texas Street in Bellingham ,for example is a well known Drug "hot spot". Also, The Northwest Ave, area,near Albertsons has a bad reputation. There are good and bad people everywhere. If you decline to associate with the "bad people" around you they generally just leave you alone. Teach your kids to "say no" to drugs. Make them stay home where they belong,and you'll be fine here. Moderator cut: advertising There is a lake close by,Skiing at Mt.Baker,close by. It's like living in a park. Lots of trees, outdoors friendly. If you do drugs here , someone will turn you in, It's not the "druggy Haven " anymore. ( if it ever actually was) There's just a lot of people,with no knowledge of what they are talking about,saying stupid things about this area that in actuality aren't true. There is no more of a drug problem here,than In Bellingham, Seattle ,Yakima,or any other place in this State. The more "good people" who live here,the less "bad people" will like it,as in any other place."Birds of a feather flock together".
Looking to purchase a future retirement house in Bellingham. Any recommendations on a particular neighborhood I should check out?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Looking to purchase a future retirement house in Bellingham. Any recommendations on a particular neighborhood I should check out?
I have heard Maple Springs is very affordable.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 AM

1,729 posts, read 3,590,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427 View Post
I have heard Maple Springs is very affordable.
Maple springs? Never heard of it. Maple Falls perhaps? There are reasons it is affordable. One, it's in the sticks big time. Two, there is a crime problem.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Maple springs? Never heard of it. Maple Falls perhaps? There are reasons it is affordable. One, it's in the sticks big time. Two, there is a crime problem.
Yes Maple Falls that's what I heard. It's a bad area? Equivalent to what? I thought it was rural out there.
Is Custer still better but costs alot more?

Old 01-26-2012, 12:31 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,055,297 times
Are Geneva and Silver Lake the nicest areas? Never been to these locations but I read an article about them being nice but it's always nice to get residence's perspective too. Thanks.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427 View Post
Yes Maple Falls that's what I heard. It's a bad area? Equivalent to what? I thought it was rural out there.
Is Custer still better but costs alot more?
First of all, Maple Falls is 30 miles from Bham. Custer...less than 10. and in the winter that MF drive can get nasty.

There is a strong contingent of Russian Mafia near MF.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Are Geneva and Silver Lake the nicest areas? Never been to these locations but I read an article about them being nice but it's always nice to get residence's perspective too. Thanks.
Nicest? No. Decent? Yes. Now mind you both are adjacent to Lake Whatcom, so there are spectacular lakefront homes and view homes in both areas.

Nicest is always an opinion mind you. But generally speaking the south side of town is the nicest IMO. South Hill, Fairhaven, Edgemoor, Chuckanut are a few neighborhoods with very expensive homes and the best schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington