U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 04:19 PM

140 posts, read 102,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
And, then the quality of life will go away. As a native and fifth generation local, I do not want more people moving here. Of course, you weren't here over the past decades so you cannot appreciate what this area used to be like.
Wow, evidently there's two lord high chamberlains of the state. I've lived in Bellingham for over a year now and always felt welcomed by the locals. But why don't instead of you taking out your growing pains on EVERYONE you concentrate on the people moving there that actually harm your way of life. Im a welder from Texas and i moved my family to Washington because of how unsafe Texas has become due to illegal immigration, and the fall out it's caused by looking the other way. You know....that giant elephant in the room that you can't talk about anymore because it might hurt someones feelings. But ofcourse anyone whos lived in the South knows how bad its gotten and im not going to have my daughter grow up around a bunch of two bit thugs like i had to. You only think you have it bad......because you have no earthly idea how bad it can get. You don't have mexican gangs trafficking your children.....yet, buying up your ranches.......yet, or infiltrating your city officials......yet. That sir is something you should certainly be proud of. Moderator cut: personal attack....I suppose your just too entitled to accept the fact that this is indeed a country.......and theres nothing wrong with legal citizens moving to a different state within that country......granted there not doing something far worse than adding to your traffic problem. Just food for thought but maybe im just speaking as a veteran whos lived in five different states

Last edited by Count David; 11-07-2017 at 12:23 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 05:30 PM

20,581 posts, read 12,730,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcat33 View Post
Wow, evidently there's two lord high chamberlains of the state. I've lived in Bellingham for over a year now and always felt welcomed by the locals. But why don't instead of you taking out your growing pains on EVERYONE you concentrate on the people moving there that actually harm your way of life. Im a welder from Texas and i moved my family to Washington because of how unsafe Texas has become due to illegal immigration, and the fall out it's caused by looking the other way. You know....that giant elephant in the room that you can't talk about anymore because it might hurt someones feelings. But ofcourse anyone whos lived in the South knows how bad its gotten and im not going to have my daughter grow up around a bunch of two bit thugs like i had to. You only think you have it bad......because you have no earthly idea how bad it can get. You don't have mexican gangs trafficking your children.....yet, buying up your ranches.......yet, or infiltrating your city officials......yet. That sir is something you should certainly be proud of. Moderator cut: personal attack....I suppose your just too entitled to accept the fact that this is indeed a country.......and theres nothing wrong with legal citizens moving to a different state within that country......granted there not doing something far worse than adding to your traffic problem. Just food for thought but maybe im just speaking as a veteran whos lived in five different states
So they're not illegal if they're buying ranches right? So what exactly is the issue? The West Coast, and the Pacific Northwest more specifically, have been targets of plenty of insults by Southerners. This becomes annoying when, after the endless insults, so many of them choose to move to our beautiful region. Insult us then tell us how "we are all a country"? Okay, sure, whatever. We are experiencing explosive growth here so that tends to not sit so well. There are posters here from places like Texas that are probably a much better fit here and that's great. But when people say something along the lines of "we dislike the PNW "types" but we've decided we don't like our own area so we will move there and hate them", there's bound to be conflict. Don't like us? That's fine and happy trails. Of course we are going to resent the impact on our traffic. Of course having hundreds arriving daily is going to wearying. Maybe some haven't noticed, but we aren't exactly promoting growth here. We have more than enough as it is.

Last edited by Count David; 11-07-2017 at 12:24 PM..

Old 11-06-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So they're not illegal if they're buying ranches right? So what exactly is the issue? The West Coast, and the Pacific Northwest more specifically, have been targets of plenty of insults by Southerners. This becomes annoying when, after the endless insults, so many of them choose to move to our beautiful region. Insult us then tell us how "we are all a country"? Okay, sure, whatever. We are experiencing explosive growth here so that tends to not sit so well. There are posters here from places like Texas that are probably a much better fit here and that's great. But when people say something along the lines of "we dislike the PNW "types" but we've decided we don't like our own area so we will move there and hate them", there's bound to be conflict. Don't like us? That's fine and happy trails. Of course we are going to resent the impact on our traffic. Of course having hundreds arriving daily is going to wearying. Maybe some haven't noticed, but we aren't exactly promoting growth here. We have more than enough as it is.
I love Washingtonians. Moderator cut: personal attack And theres a world of people from other states living in Texas and they're treated very nicely, thank you. Grew up with some of them. Lived for 3 years next to a snowbird couple from Spokane. But none of them had sinister intentions either. And most mexican mafia lieutenants are indeed legal citizens(grew up with one of them too). They use the illegals as their minions, to do their dirty work, think burglary teams....car theft teams......looking for a pretty young white girl with blue eyes to kidnap and sneak across the border.... where they're worth a lot to spend the rest of their lives like a slab of meat. And i must say its paying them off quite nicely, at the expense of what use to be one of the safest countries in the world. The difference? Moderator cut: personal attack And me? I care about those nasty issues like public safety and national security. Want to spend your life on here crying about "transits" aka "out-of-staters" aka "taxpaying citizens"? Go for it, that's your right. But don't pretend like you don't have better things to do and you're by no means a spokesman for the people in Washington that i know. Being an american still means something to a lot of them. Good day to you

Last edited by Count David; 11-07-2017 at 12:25 PM..

Old 11-06-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I love Washingtonians. Moderator cut: personal attack And theres a world of people from other states living in Texas and they're treated very nicely, thank you. Grew up with some of them. Lived for 3 years next to a snowbird couple from Spokane. But none of them had sinister intentions either. And most mexican mafia lieutenants are indeed legal citizens(grew up with one of them too). They use the illegals as their minions, to do their dirty work, think burglary teams....car theft teams......looking for a pretty young white girl with blue eyes to kidnap and sneak across the border.... where they're worth a lot to spend the rest of their lives like a slab of meat. And i must say its paying them off quite nicely, at the expense of what use to be one of the safest countries in the world. The difference? Moderator cut: personal attack And me? I care about those nasty issues like public safety and national security. Want to spend your life on here crying about "transits" aka "out-of-staters" aka "taxpaying citizens"? Go for it, that's your right. But don't pretend like you don't have better things to do and you're by no means a spokesman for the people in Washington that i know. Being an american still means something to a lot of them. Good day to you
That sounds like someone just doesn't like a minority group so they moved as far away from them as possible. I am a Washingtonian and the truth is a lot of the newcomers will go back home due to bad fit. Those legal citizens are also "taxpaying citizens". It appears the issue is not Americans or taxpaying citizens, but a particular group disliked so much, even though they are admittedly legal citizens, that one is willing to move 2000 miles to avoid those legal citizens. So how is that different than someone living in their own state not thrilled by legal citizens also coming from somewhere else??? Whether the origination is Texas or Mexico, they are both legal citizens and Washingtonians are feeling overrun by the growth the same way.

Last edited by Count David; 11-07-2017 at 12:26 PM..

Old 11-07-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
That sounds like someone just doesn't like a minority group so they moved as far away from them as possible. I am a Washingtonian and the truth is a lot of the newcomers will go back home due to bad fit. Those legal citizens are also "taxpaying citizens". It appears the issue is not Americans or taxpaying citizens, but a particular group disliked so much, even though they are admittedly legal citizens, that one is willing to move 2000 miles to avoid those legal citizens. So how is that different than someone living in their own state not thrilled by legal citizens also coming from somewhere else??? Whether the origination is Texas or Mexico, they are both legal citizens and Washingtonians are feeling overrun by the growth the same way.
If you hate the way its become then why do you stay in Washington? So you can have something to get on here and whine about? Im not going to engage with you any further. You've already sicced one of your mods on me. But its a nasty habit to combine national pride and bigotry into the same banner. I know plenty of hispanics in Texas who are far from okay what is happening right now. They, too, move to other places so they can raise a decent family, where they don't have to worry about their kids riding a bike around after 6pm. And if they are legal citizens....then they have the right to go and do what they want.......just like everybody else who pays taxes....those taxes that keep your schools open and your roads maintenanced.Your family took your land from the natives and im pretty sure they took from somebody else, so just get over yourself already. Our country needs a security overhaul but it is indeed a free country

Old 11-07-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
If you hate the way its become then why do you stay in Washington? So you can have something to get on here and whine about? Im not going to engage with you any further. You've already sicced one of your mods on me. But its a nasty habit to combine national pride and bigotry into the same banner. I know plenty of hispanics in Texas who are far from okay what is happening right now. They, too, move to other places so they can raise a decent family, where they don't have to worry about their kids riding a bike around after 6pm. And if they are legal citizens....then they have the right to go and do what they want.......just like everybody else who pays taxes....those taxes that keep your schools open and your roads maintenanced.Your family took your land from the natives and im pretty sure they took from somebody else, so just get over yourself already. Our country needs a security overhaul but it is indeed a free country
My family has been here for decades. We love our home. Of course Washingtonians are going to be less than thrilled with so many people moving here. Bellingham is growing almost the same way Seattle is and suffering similar pains.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:11 PM

1,941 posts, read 3,063,109 times
I absolutely love Bham. I welcome anyone here who wants to call it home and keep it green and beautiful.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:51 PM

2,009 posts, read 1,330,938 times
I agree with Seacove. If 2 million people left Puget Sound it would be awesome news. There is no room at the inn.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:07 AM

1,986 posts, read 1,561,923 times
Quote:
It is , I just saw this and am shocked and embarrassed he is from my home state and talks like that .

The problem there is not immigration ( which , robcat, you will not be able to get away from anywhere ) at all it is the heartless, cruel politicians that do not care about anyone but the upper 1% to the maximum .
Alot of you know I am chronically ill and I could never go back to Texas even if I wanted due to the unavailability of healthcare due to it's costs which lie SOLELY on the shoulders of that Governor and the legislators - which i find weird because the governor is in a wheelchair. Everyone is a tax payer in Texas , I don't know what he is talking about , even if you buy a piece of gum or shoes from goodwill.

Old 12-27-2017, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 740 times
This thread is from 2007. What's the status of Bellingham now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington