U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 10:38 PM

3,018 posts, read 4,349,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymorphist View Post
The difference is that fumes from diesel trucks and crappy cars don't make me congested and cough for thirty minutes after I breathe them in. Cigarette smoke is immediately toxic and affects me in a more serious way. Smokers don't understand this, and as a former smoker I didn't realize this until I quit. Cigarette smoke lingers, I can often detect and breathe cigarette smoke even when someone is smoking way further up the street, again if you are a smoker I don't expect you to understand this because you won't.

I'm not kidding or playing around when I say this, but breathing someone's cigarette smoke causes immediate congestion in the lungs. It lasts up to thirty minutes or longer. Why should I have to breathe that s**t because YOU want to smoke? If you want to do, then fine, but don't bother me with it. I've actually taken to telling smokers, "thanks for making the rest of us breathe your s**t" whenever someone smokes out in public. I don't care anymore, if you are going to make the rest of us smoke whenever you smoke then you deserve to be called-out.
You said it all man. Keep calling those selfish bastards out. Eventually we will win this, I don't know if its in my life time, but eventually smoking will be so restricted that future generations wont have to deal with this sh..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 08:40 AM

6,468 posts, read 11,079,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
You said it all man. Keep calling those selfish bastards out. Eventually we will win this, I don't know if its in my life time, but eventually smoking will be so restricted that future generations wont have to deal with this sh..
Your rights should end as soon as they affect someone else's rights. In not only smoking but in every facet of society.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:15 PM

82 posts, read 83,595 times
Are non smokers prejudice of smokers?

Old 10-28-2013, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missc123 View Post
Are non smokers prejudice of smokers?
cant speak for ever one but my wife and I LOATH smokers. Even when they are not smoking, they reek.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:53 AM

10,376 posts, read 8,258,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosharks View Post
So I just found out no indoor smoking is allowed anywhere in Washington nor within 25 feet of a public window, door, or vent. Smokers or people who know smokers: is it impossible to go to a bar and be able to step out occasionally to smoke? Do people just never smoke on the streets? Or do people usually just not follow the law?
Unless your smokin' ganja.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:14 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,308,327 times
Quote:
Another trend that is devoping in Health Insurance is puting restriction on smokers. I don't live or work in Washington. But, the trend is ganing popularity nationwide. They are trying you curb the cost of insurance on people with high usage on their health plan. Smoking, Overweight, High Blood Pressure, Etc.. My employer has even stated that in 2015 they are going to ask us to take and active role in out health care or drop out insurance.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottinpdx View Post
Another trend that is devoping in Health Insurance is puting restriction on smokers. I don't live or work in Washington. But, the trend is ganing popularity nationwide. They are trying you curb the cost of insurance on people with high usage on their health plan. Smoking, Overweight, High Blood Pressure, Etc.. My employer has even stated that in 2015 they are going to ask us to take and active role in out health care or drop out insurance.
Dig a deep hole about 300 feet Deep, cover the hole, and smoke there. Please leave the surface of the Earth alonge. Also acceptable: Charter the next rocket to the moon, and find a way to smoke there.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:13 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,308,327 times
Quote:
Dig a deep hole about 300 feet Deep, cover the hole, and smoke there. Please leave the surface of the Earth alonge. Also acceptable: Charter the next rocket to the moon, and find a way to smoke there.
I quit smoking a couple years ago. I just got sick of it, sick of smelling like an ash tray and sick of coughing. No fancy pills or patches, I just threw my pack of smokes away and stoped. Now I get bad headaches around secoundhand smoke and I really notice how bad smokers smell. I am glad I quit.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:17 PM

2,639 posts, read 5,025,333 times
Now it makes sense why there is such an abhorrent number of people smoking while driving. Which of course given the poor traffic conditions, makes a very bad situation when they hang their smoke out the window, because my air conditioner pulls that in and forces me to do recirculated until I'm away from them.

All Washington has to do now is force people to keep their car windows closed. Let smokers smoke themselves out...(with a homie's love...) without affecting others, letting their air conditioning system get all clogged up.

The last thing I'd like to see is segregation of smoking vs. non-smoking in apartment complexes, to where people who smoke can be congregated together so as not to affect those who don't smoke. That's a pipe dream, certainly. But one can hope.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:34 PM

71 posts, read 83,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
As a vegetarian, I can totally agree on this. I am looking forward to the ban on outdoor BBQ's and grilling in general. I suppose some can tolerate the smell of grilled flesh, but it's just NASTY.. you know?

What? Don't you know that grilling creates carcinogens? Do you want people to smell your carcinogens? The smoke REEKS of DEAD FLESH and CAUSES CANCER.

And that is why grilling smells within 25 feet of noses must stop at once.

(P.S...... ....I love steak.) HA HA HA! I smoke, too. But the point is valid.

You can lawsuit yourself - and your country - to death. Be very careful what you wish for..... One person's concerns and prioriities are important. Just be careful not to diminish others in your zeal to have your world vision unfold.
Thanks for the false equivalency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or