Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:47 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,151,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I also love the fact that property values are declining compared to other areas in the state which means that my property taxes are going down not up.
This isn't the way it usually works. Municipalities rarely cut spending or are willing to accept decreased revenue. Even when they do cut personnel or services, their expenses (wages, fuel and vehicle operations, health insurance) will go up with inflation, just like everyone's.
So even if your home's assessed value goes down, the city will just up the tax rate to make up for it. Or, at best you might see a tiny decrease in your property tax of a few bucks or so. But I assure you your property tax won't keep going down, even if the value of your house does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 05:49 AM

3 posts, read 9,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsea View Post
Fat Freddy!!

So, your negative attitude about Grays Harbor all this time is only an attempt to keep everyone else out so you can have it to yourself!

I can't blame you, I live in a mixed building (some permanent, but a lot of short time rentals!) Tourists can be a pain! Traveling can bring out the best AND WORST in people, (especially families, I've noticed). But their business keeps a lot of my friends working, so we can live here year round!

How about sharing what you love about the area more often?

What I like about Ocean Shores is the people. I have yet to run across one rude person. This is a small town but great people. If the tourist left this town would die. So putting up with a few rude tourists is the least we can do. There is plenty to do here, wild life watching, fishing, crabbing, claming, bird watching, walk on the beach, fly a kite, ride a bike and not get run over, summer ride horeses, go carts, mini. gulf, movies. I'm into photography so I have many hours of entertainment.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:24 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,092 times
Hubby and I went through Ocean Shores one day this past May on our trip around the Olympic Peninsula. I've never seen such incredible rain and wind! And such incredibly nice people. Every single person we talked to was friendly and helpful and kind. Our daughter wants to wear her Ocean Shores t-shirt we got for her every single day . I wish it had been clearer, but it's coastal Washington, so we weren't surprised at all. And we did spend a little time in the IGA also . Not sure I'd want to live there (probaby Sequim would be more our style since it's a lot less rainy there,) but it was a really nice place to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington