U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-03-2009, 03:40 PM

403 posts, read 1,022,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Nelson View Post
dkwinkie,

It sounds to me like Centralia would be a good fit for you. It's between Puyallup and Portland, it's rural, yet there are things to do, and it has a home-town feel. I wouldn't say it's green/progressive, although it's more progressive than Chehalis. If the green/progressive attributes are important to you, I'd recommend Olympia. There you're not too far from Portland and Puyallup and you'll also have a fantastic farmers market.

Greetings,

Sandy
Centralia has a farmer's market too......
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Tyr

1 posts, read 1,766 times
If you want green try Pe Ell or Onalaska.. hahaha, I don't know about diversity and going green, but the population has gone higher then the town can hold, since they started building down by Walmart (which is more Chehalis, but right in the middle) and over by the hospital, its getting way to busy, which people hate, and people that have lived here their whole lives love the small town feel but give it 20 more years every one from big cities and other states like Cali move here, and as population goes up crime follows, but I grew up in Toledo.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,170 times
Default Used to be

Born and raised in centtralia i have been here for all the changes good and bad. Raised my children here who now are raising theirs.always liked the area it`self but what has always been the drawback to the life here. And continues to be is the judicial system and the police in this town. You absolutely are not allowed to ever get away from the system if by some chance you ever are thrown into it this is one place that you are never forgiven.you are never allowed to ever pay your debt to society off. So if you want a new chance at life don`t come to centralia.the people are pleasant for the most part. As far as the meth use here it is in every walk of life. You never hear about the working addicts that go to work every day on drugs their are many. And our lovely officials as well. Make an informed choise before moving here.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 654 times
Default Recession

I am curious what the people on this thread think about Centralia now, after/during the recession and the plummeting job market. My husband and I are thinking about living in Centralia/working in Olympia because Centralia seems to have really beautiful historic homes on large lots which we are having trouble finding in Olympia. Also curious what people think of the Edison historic district in Centralia.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:46 PM

25 posts, read 8,202 times
Sarah: you were never answered .. and now I would like to know what everyone has to say about both Chehalis and Centralia, after all this time. It's now 2014, 6 years after this thread started, would love to know how it goes ... up that way.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:20 PM

12,764 posts, read 10,835,498 times
I have family in Napavine, Chehalis and Centralia. When I was up there last year I ended up staying in Centralia before I had to come back to Socal for family related things. I like both places but Centralia has a bit more and it is a nice town for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington