Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2007, 03:13 PM

6 posts, read 19,835 times

Advertisements

we are going to re-locate to WA...we need opinions on snohomich area...I am a teacher and see that there are teaching oppertunities there.....also myhusband is a CNC machine manufacturing manager....think there have to be oppertunities in everett...let us know you honest thoughts please...are house there reasonable to rent/buy?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 05:13 PM

75 posts, read 343,467 times
Parts of Snohomish are still affordable. Everett is ok. I would look at zipcodes 98208, and 98296. Marysville is quite affordable. Lake Stevens( not sure on zip) is up and coming, and that's not a far commute to Snohomish or Everett. I have a friend who teaches at Lake Stevens and loves it. She also lives there too. Snohomish is building a brand new Highschool and Elem. The Everett School District #2 is one of the highest paying ones in the state. I have a good friend who teaches there and also loves it. I'd be happy to give you opinions on each school if you like ( I grew up here).

Old 01-22-2007, 12:37 PM

13 posts, read 78,613 times
Snohomish is a nice place to live, pretty average home prices for central Snohomish County. I would recommend looking at homes in the city of Snohomish or in Lake Stevens. I would NOT live in Marysville - their school district is awful. However, I've heard that they are the second highest paying in the state, so you may want to consider teaching there.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:03 PM

43 posts, read 324,480 times
I hope the Snohomish School District has cleaned up their act in the last 7 years. My husband and I both graduated from there, and while the school itself wasn't bad, the administration has had corruption, after problem, after problem, after more corruption.

Snohomish has trouble passing levies because the District lies about what the funds will go toward; like they market it as a levy for books and then put it towards teacher raises (and I fully support teacher raises, I think it's a travesty what we pay teachers in this country as a whole). So after years of that, the taxpayers are very leery to give the district any money, at all. They've needed a new high school for at least 10 years, I'd say more like 15. We were above capacity in 98 when my husband graduated.

Ok, rant over. I lived in Snohomish from the time I was 3 to the time I was 19, so I don't have a very good perspective I don't think. I saw all the bad parts of it, and took for granted all the good parts. One thing I've learned since joining this board is that there's no "perfect" place to live. I love Lake Stevens, but in a few years I am sure it will be too big and busy for my tastes like most of the towns around here.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,472 times
Default Tax

Don't move to Washington unless you love high taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington