U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2007, 07:27 PM

4,585 posts, read 10,454,156 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to re-locate to one of these areas. I'm from the Pacific Northwest (Portland/Bend) but I've been away for a long time. I've been to both areas but quite a while ago.

I want that high plains dry instead of the wet stuff...LOL.

I'll be living outside the city far enough to have a couple of acres for a horse but close enough to commute to work.

The big question is work in these areas. I live in Georgia right now and I'm a real estate title examiner and work for a law firm but work in the court houses every day doing research. Does anyone work for a title company? It is my understanding that they do the title work and not law firms. If so I'd sure like some info on jobs, and salaries in this area of work.

Also, for you horse people, can you recommend some vets, farriers, ect.

Cost of a small property. I don't need much, my children all have four legs. I hate house keeping so a small house is much more preferable to larger.

I'd also like to find out about zoning laws as far as horse keeping is concerned.

I'm also posting this in the Oregon forum, for the Klamath and Lagrande areas. so I appologize if they seem alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 02:22 AM

103 posts, read 455,483 times
i find it amusing that some people expect others to do their leg work instead of spending a few hours googling for facts themselves.

do you bring anything to the table to contribute or do you just expect others to do your homework for you?

Old 01-23-2007, 05:51 AM

4,585 posts, read 10,454,156 times
Washington Native please see my response in the Oregon forum

Old 04-15-2007, 10:33 PM

428 posts, read 2,214,915 times
As far as keeping a horse, as long as you are
outside city limits, you can keep livestock. There
isn't any special zoning for it, at least in eastern WA.

PM me for vets and farriers.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,809 times
As far as other people doing legwork for others.....I beleive this is a FORUM you can or cannot reply depending if you want to or not, your not under any obligation whatsoever to answer peoples questions. So..its not EXPECTING others to do "legwork" its ASKING if they ALREADY KNOW. Get a life "washington native"

Old 01-21-2008, 03:33 PM

13,342 posts, read 42,590,859 times
Spokane is more of a real city than the Yakima Valley. I responded to an earlier post on Yakima valley, I think you could find a spot somewhere along the I-82 corridor that would work for you, you didn't ask but I would suggest getting more like 5-10 acres if you can stand it, I had a 5-acre plot in Iowa and it was too big for a yard but too small to do anything that looked like I was farming. Now have 13 acres and lease grazing, good tax writeoff. Honestly not more work than 5 acres IMHO. 2 acre plots would probably be some sort of "country subdivision" which to me is an oxymoron..

I think your best shot at finding a relatively good price for a small house would be along I-82 between Tri-Cities and Yakima, less demand and the winter is dryer so less commuting hassle. But I have not priced houses around Spokane.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:19 PM

231 posts, read 966,455 times
I think either area would work for your keeping of horses though others here might be more helpful. Yes, title companies do the type of work you're talking about in Washington. I know there are several title companies in Spokane (some local, some national) and Spokane is bigger than Yakima so you're chances of finding something might be greater but I can't say for sure. I would assume salaries would be similar as would cost of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or