Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:26 PM

15 posts, read 61,080 times

Advertisements

wanting to take family visiting next week, for the nice view coming back into seattle in the evening as i hear it is great! any recommendations for good places to eat dinner while we're there? good = cheap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 05:52 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
Cafe Nola is good, at the corner of Winslow Way and Madison Street, a few minutes walk from the ferry dock.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:06 PM
LMB

405 posts, read 1,893,131 times
I second Cafe Nola. If the Big Star Diner hadn't closed, I'd also recommend it. Cafe Nola and Big Star have both been featured on the Food Network. Big Star evidently reopened under new name & management this year--Ritchie's 305 Diner (305 Madison Ave N, walking distance from the ferry too). I haven't been there since the new owners took over, so I can't say if it's as good as Big Star, but Cafe Nola is great!

Lynn

Old 08-08-2008, 08:19 PM

15 posts, read 61,080 times
thanks!!

Old 08-09-2008, 01:17 AM

7 posts, read 36,678 times
Default BI eateries

Cafe Nola is good but pricey and not really kid friendly.
In the Pavilion (on Madison) is Simon's for Chinese and Spice Route (formerly Gandhi's) for Indian (on the second floor). Comparable, if not a little less $ and attitude, than Nola's. If you're just looking for dessert, Mora's Ice Cream behind Blackbird is just heavenly. Blackbird has great coffee and treats, and their flatbread pizza is really good.

Post note: Spice Route has a decent lunch buffet from, I think, 11am till 2pm.

Last edited by aliperry; 08-09-2008 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 08-09-2008, 08:49 AM
LMB

405 posts, read 1,893,131 times
Happy to hear that Spice Route is good. My husband & I have been missing good Indian food since moving here, and we'd been planning to try Gandhi's sometime soon--I didn't know the name had changed.

Lynn

Old 08-09-2008, 08:41 PM

35 posts, read 173,933 times
Cafe Nola was amazing...but they're right, pricey.

Part of that might be because we kept ordering more dishes, it was so delicious!

Old 08-12-2008, 04:28 PM

98 posts, read 443,004 times
Madrona Waterfront cafe is family friendly and is on the water which you are able to watch the boating activity. Bistro Pleasant Beach is walkable and good if still open for lunch.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:37 AM

260 posts, read 768,577 times
Edna's is good but you may need to drive or take a cab (BTW: cabs take a few folks and drop them off one at a time-not always the most direct route to your destination)

Old 11-05-2011, 05:37 PM

8 posts, read 46,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth100 View Post
wanting to take family visiting next week, for the nice view coming back into seattle in the evening as i hear it is great! any recommendations for good places to eat dinner while we're there? good = cheap
This may be coming a few years late, but it may help someone find the best spots for dining out.

Casa Rojas for Mexican if you don't mind having the staff hit on you, The Pub if you leave the kids at home because it is soley reserved for adults and drinking, Sawhady Thai is excellent if you love Thai, and The Spice Route has fabulous Indian food.

Take an over priced cab if you don't feel like walking. Driving on this island, or anywhere in Kitsap County is highly not recommended, you will get pulled over for no apparent reason, and they know you won't have the time to come back to dispute the citation, so they win and you lose!

We have a corrupt law enforcement system here. The courts and the Prosecutors are equally screwed up! Police will randomly select innocent people to profile, then accuse you of all types of charges. Meanwhile the actual criminals are running loose doing whatever criminals do. I, myself, wouldn't know.

I have also heard the Kitsap County officers position doesn't even require a real education. Just some cop course and physical exam, which doesn't say much considering how out of shape and overweight they usually are. Maybe the physical exam is conducted online, like a video game obstacle course. Bainbridge Island best places to live in the US. I think not. Where did Forbes get their info? Whoever voted for Bainbridge Island must have been drunk and crooked. Most people here are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington