Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2008, 10:45 AM

26 posts, read 101,698 times

Advertisements

Hello and good afternoon,
We will be arriving shortly after the first of the year and have a temporary place to stay once we arrive. We are now a party of two but next summer 09 my nephew will be coming to spend the summers with us he is going to br 16 in March. We would be looking for a 2 bedroom of course, but we dont really need anything that big since it will just be us two for 9 months out of the year. Would any of you have any suggestions as far as what would be the best course of action in regards to finding a suitable residence, it doesnt have to be a house even just a comfortable place we can make a home out of. I read The Daily World faithfully, but was wondering if this would be something better to do once we were there so we could look at each place? And is it easy to find a place to call home? I know there a numrous places in the paper and that makes me very happy. One thing is that we do not own a car. We take public transportation and are avid bikers and walkers, even in the rain. Crazy huh? Any advice or suggestions would so greatly help us. Thank you in advance for your help and have a wonderful day and rest of your weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 12:10 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,101,509 times
Hi. So then you do have The Daily World bookmarked --
The Daily World

or craigslist?
craigslist: olympic peninsula classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Please don't send money to anyone until you verify that they exist, the property is exactly as advertised, and the person advertising it is legally authorized to rent the property. You've probably heard on the news that internet scams abound everywhere in the country...

If there's something else you might be requesting info about, please be more specific.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:01 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,182,368 times
I was in Grayland this weekend. Soooo much for sell! They have built a new condo spot next to the Light House. I am sorry I don't remember the name... resturant next to it Fog Lifter. All brand new (at least in last couple years) You may want to check that out because the sign said condo's for sale and vacation rentals..... maybe long term rental.

Try the Little Nickel -- or local real estate company's - sure they could send you in rental direction.

Just thinking this location because close enough (with a walk) to grocery and local amenities of Westport. Grayland is pretty spread out - and much cheaper to shop at the Apple Market in Westport without having to wait for the bus. Although I don't mean to dish anyof Graylands little markets - my family owned on for more than 40 yrs.

Good luck - yesterday was a beautiful day on the beach - hardly any wind!

Old 10-14-2008, 08:48 AM

576 posts, read 2,260,571 times
Another option might be to check with one of the property managers in the area. Tell them what you're looking for and have them scout around a bit for you. The nice thing about this option is that they can do some screening for you and you wouldn't have to send cash to a potentially unknown Craig's List advertiser (not that there's anything disreputable with Craig's List- I've used them myself...) I just Google'd and it looks like Aberdeen Realty does property management in the Grays Harbor area. You might check and see if they (or another company) has something that works for you-

Old 10-15-2008, 08:56 PM

61 posts, read 333,044 times
The condo's in Westport are "Westport by The Sea". Vacation rentals are more geared at weekly inseason rentals which will be more spendy than just a monthly rental.

www.prgraysharbor.com has a property management which is in Aberdeen. Burkhamer Properties Burkhamer Property Services - Full service property management and buyer brokerage Montesano WA PM Site by HomeRentals.net is in Montesano and she has listings all over Grays Harbor. There were a few more there, but I don't remember which real estate offices had property management.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:36 AM

26 posts, read 101,698 times
Thank you all so very much for your imput and thoughts. We are really excited about moving to our home coast. Again thank you the best of everything to all of you and your families......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington