Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 12:03 PM

10 posts, read 30,495 times

Advertisements

We will be moving from Salem, Oregon to Yakima, Washington and my wife is worried that she won't be able to find like-minded people. I would appreciate any help on progressive mom's groups or similar stuff or clubs. Thanks everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 08:14 PM

55 posts, read 278,798 times
Nearly half of Yakima County voters voted for Obama, if that's what you're asking. If that's not what you meant, then your question is too vague. What is she interested in?

Old 11-05-2008, 11:16 PM

she is interested in breastfeeding groups, u-pick farms, she calls it "crunchy" people. AP (Attached Parenting), home schoolers, progressive thinkers in general.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:34 PM

is there really no one that can help?

Old 11-09-2008, 02:10 AM

1,009 posts, read 4,894,906 times
This might not be the right forum to find these types of groups for your wife. Have you checked on the local craigslist under the community section to see if there are groups she might be interested in joining? It might be one of those situations where she won't actually find other similar women friends until she makes the move and starts to meet people.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:04 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,400,128 times
I'd say the short answer is that she's going to have to go hunting for these. She may have to gather and build them herself from social networking. You won't have to look around Yakima very long to assign it a grade of D+ in the progressive parenting department.

Wendy's right. Her odds of finding or starting such a group are far better on *** CL than here.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,220 times
Hi there! I don't know if you are still having trouble finding a group but we just moved here from the east coast and this was a huge concern for me as well. Luckily I found a couple of other moms who have similar values and they started a yahoo group! Here is the link: crunchymomsofyakima : Crunchy & AP Moms Of Yakima

I'm sure they would be happy to have her join, they have been really helpful to me figuring out our way around. We've only been here a month but I am already feeling much more comfortable. Now we just have to find more AP'd kids to have playdates with!

Old 01-16-2014, 11:13 AM

21 posts, read 39,703 times
Once you get east of the Cascades in Washington, you will be in a more conservative part of the state but that is a generalization. There are parts of Eastern Washington that are liberal but there are parts of Western Washington that are conservative. I am a conservative and grew up in Tacoma but I have lived in Eastern for about 4 years. I have attitude of living and let live and to agree to disagree. Some people are conservative in some areas of life and open minded in other areas.

Rick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: