U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,586 times

Advertisements

Dave, it is nearly the end of the year, and if you have arrived...Welcome. If not, we hope you do. I've lived here for 30 years, and I guess I wouldn't have stayed if it was awful. My hubby and I own the cemetery and one of the funeral homes. C'mon by and say hello. We'll be happy to make you find your way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,805 times
Lightbulb Moving to Moses Lake in Jan

Hey everyone,

I am very excited to move up north. I have been in Texas all my life and this will be an adventure. (well that's how i am thinking of it) I found this site while searching for a place to live. Does anyone have any opinions on Heritage Suites? I am stretched for time and need to finalize something soon.

thanks so much for any help you can provide me with.

dana

Old 05-04-2008, 11:33 PM

2 posts, read 8,213 times
Default Moses Lake is a great place to live

I have lived here for 11 years and enjoyed it tons. Dry, sunny, lots of activities for the kiddos, good schools, Warmer than anywhere else in Washington other than Tri-Cities. Highly recomended. By the way there are three funeral homes don't know why though, doesn't seem to be that many folks keeling over.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,485 times
Thumbs up VERY late reply! How goes the move?

I see you already got very specific answers to your question. My brother is a funeral director in Minnesota and I am trying my best to get him to move back with his family. I'd like to hear how your searches went.
Back to Moses Lake...
I came camping here about 4 years ago becasue we got rained out of the Olympic peninsula on Labor Day. (We lived in Mill Creek outside of Everett.)
The only place we could find in the near vicinity was Moses Lake. I had always disliked "desert" climates. But I have to tell you, we fell in love with the area so quickly, that within two months we had a vacation house here, and a year later we had moved here full time. I have missed my friends (although we find that through the Spring and Sumemr months they are usually over here visiting!), but I am completely enamoured with this community. I love the weather (even being sensitive to heat I don't find the summers unbearable as nearly everyone has AC) and the sky is breathtaking! And the best part??? NO RAIN!!!
In fact, much of our family has moved here in the last 1-2 years. They come. They visit. They move. Common equation. That might tell you something about the area. And with its current job growth and new retail expansion, it will only get better! (As long as it doesn't get TOO big.)

Let us know what you decided!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,044 times
Default College

Thinking of moving to Moses Lake area are there any colleges in the area?

Old 09-25-2009, 10:41 AM

4,925 posts, read 8,998,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmk22 View Post
Thinking of moving to Moses Lake area are there any colleges in the area?
Big Bend Community College
Big Bend Community College

Central Washington University--extension campus
Central Washington University - Moses Lake Center

(Psssst...Google is your friend.)

Old 12-21-2009, 05:59 PM

7 posts, read 17,054 times
does moses lake get snow every year and is it alot little or im between
what is the population for mexicans and russins...

Old 05-25-2010, 01:23 AM

Thanks everyone for your input sorry i never responded but we had decied to wait and now im wanting to move again i do like all 4 seasons and i enjoy the heat but i dont like the desert and i dont like a high crime and or drug rate...anyone have suggestions to wheres a nice town

Old 05-25-2010, 01:24 AM

thinking about maybe kennewick now ,, i just dont know but i want to get away from all the rainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Old 05-25-2010, 01:35 AM

7,022 posts, read 11,681,422 times
... You don't like the desert, then why consider Kennewick?

The Tri-cities do have a river running through and that does add to the greenery/beauty. At least its dry heat and has lots of sun. Definitely a growing community with a more stabilized economy. Definitely a better choice than Moses Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington