Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:29 PM

3 posts, read 19,388 times

Advertisements

i might be moving up to Moses Lake by the end of the year. Just want to say hi. Also, are there many Funeral Homes/Cemetaries/mortuaries in the area? Reason i ask, that is what my career is. ive been working in the funeral home industry for a few years. Please let me know! thanks!

-Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 04:02 PM
OB1

4 posts, read 106,093 times
Default Moses Lake

I passed through there and wouldn't move there but that is my own personal opinion. It's hotter than blazes in the summer time and not much out there.

I have travelled all over looking at different states and you have to understand it's very subjective. I may dislike it intensely but someone who has lived there forever may just love it. Depends on personal preferences.

Make a list of your likes and dislikes, what your needs are, what you are willing to endure and consider them all. Visit the place during the worst possible time as far as weather or traffic. If you don't like heat then go during the peak of summer. If you don't like snow but think you want to live there, go during the worst of winter. There is so much to consider when moving to a new area.

Make your list and be sure to visit more than once so you don't regret the move.

Good luck!

Old 04-28-2007, 04:19 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,441,966 times
If you are into the outdoors Moses lake is the place to be. Fishing choices are unlimited, hunting as well.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:50 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,051,245 times
Is there ice fishing around moses lake, do the lakes freeze for a substantial amount of time? What about pheasant?

Old 06-09-2007, 04:54 PM

2 posts, read 25,788 times
If you like Hunting, Fishing, Off-Road Vehicles. this is a nice place but it limited in night life stuff to do. Great town to raise a family cheap land and power and not huge. You get Every Season the Winter is cold and the Summer is dry hot.. 102 Degrees no wind, no clouds in sight the the casades in view. Winter well -20 degrees and to cold to snow but if is does snow it melts off right away then freezes or turns to slush by the next day. bye bye snow man and ice on lake.

If you want to own a house, a truck, some ATVs, a camp trailer, a boat and the such. People here seem to make enough to afford it. A great place to keep up with the jones.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:30 PM

3 posts, read 13,489 times
Having previously lived in Moses Lake 5 years, it's hot, dry and boring. There is nothing there. It's not a place I would live again if I had a choice.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:01 PM

14 posts, read 93,292 times
It's a small city in the middle of nowhere. I'm not sure, but I can't imagine there eould be more than one, maybe two, funeral homes.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:26 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,795,316 times
And there's also a funeral home in Othello about 20 minutes south of Moses Lake.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:11 PM

6 posts, read 20,008 times
Default Moses Lake

Hi. NOt sure what responses you have gotten. I was there in March 2007 and there is not much there. It's a city like Lynnwood, WA that started to grow and someone forgot to plan it. So there is no rhyme nor reason to what direction anything is in. It's definitely in the middle of nowhere, dry, desert, and HOT in the summer. We chose to cross it off our list of schools when we were searching for a smaller community. Good luck.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:13 PM

10 posts, read 38,656 times
I live in Moses Lake and love it. Not a real big town. Great weather, 4 seasons. Great Parks and lake. Good Schools. Biggest downfall is shoping and Performing Arts. 2 funeral homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington