Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 01:43 PM

4 posts, read 12,200 times

Advertisements

I want to know if it's going to be hard for a single person to move to Aberdeen. By the time I'll move there I'll be a Veterinary Technician which leads me to another question.. What about job? Is it possible to find a job as a vet tech in or near Aberdeen? Right now I'm 18 and I'm trying to find out things I don't know about Aberdeen. I know what's the weather like..I'm not really a "big city" person anyway and I can't say that I get along with "city people" ..Aberdeen seems like a place for me from what I read so I would be happy if somebody could answer my questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 02:19 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,098,015 times
Hi. There's a ton of information available for your adventurous plan!

Have you Googled Aberdeen WA veterinarian? I found 7 results, plus more in Hoquiam, which is the town right next door to Aberdeen. If you contact them directly, you'll get answers to your questions.

Have you done a Search here on C-D for Aberdeen? There are dozens of threads which contain lots of info about Aberdeen. Here's a start. The first link contains links to additional threads:
aberdeen friendly?
What's Aberdeen truly like?
Are there any opinions about Aberdeen?
Pros and Cons of Moving to Aberdeen?? Floods?

Have you Googled for a newspaper serving the area, for jobs and rentals information? Try these:
The Daily World
Peninsula Daily News

Have fun researching! I wish you joy with your new life

Old 12-22-2008, 02:39 PM

Actually I googled Aberdeen WA vet technician and it gave me only the lab jobs which I don't want to have anything in common with. I think I should look for job in towns close to Aberdeen.
And yeah, I read all the threads about Aberdeen. That was actually the first thing I did.
I'll take a look at those websites
Thanks!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:20 PM

Good job! You're doing everything right! I suggested contacting the veterinary clinics directly because they know much more than the internet does about their own clinics.

For a larger town with perhaps more clinics available, have you considered the northern end of the Olympic Peninsula, instead of the southern? Port Angeles, Sequim (pronounced Skwim), and Port Townsend are all small but have more population, and therefore more companion animals, than Gray's Harbor-Hoquiam-Aberdeen-Montesano, etc.

Next possibility after that might be living in a small town and working in Olympia, which has a much larger population therefore many more vet clinics.

I have another idea, from a friend who posts here a lot. Poulsbo. On the Kitsap Peninsula. Not as small (or rainy, or dark) as Aberdeen, a much more prosperous area, therefore more companion animals. But definitely a small-town feel.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:45 PM

You're absolutely right. I wonder why I didn't think of it. I'll contact veterinary clinics like you said.Damn,thanks

I think I'll stick to Aberdeen. I don't know why but it just seems like the place for me.
Thanks! Really

Old 12-22-2008, 03:49 PM

Damn, you're welcome! Yeah, it'll take a lot longer, phoning or emailing. Phoning is better, because you talk to a live human or two at each place, and you can generate a quick "relationship" or a connection over the phone, and you never know what kind of opportunity might turn up.

Have fun!

Old 12-22-2008, 04:00 PM

Time doesn't matter. Yet. I gotta finish college first. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington