Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 11:07 PM

6 posts, read 15,362 times

Advertisements

We are planning on moving this summer to the area. We are currently living in podunk Montana and cant wait to leave, we've only been here six months and I hate it!!! We moved from Reno, Nevada. I like the "big city" so we decided to try Tacoma, Puyallup, Lakewood Area. Whats it like? Hows the weather? I hate the snow, do you get much of it there?? Ive heard it rains alot, are there atleast some sunny days? I want some sort of culture, things to do, places to go. I love being able to shop, bar hop and eat at Olive Garden without having to drive 5 hours (seriously, we live in Missoula, the nearest Olive Garden, Red Lobster etc.. is in Billings) Tell me about it!! Any and all opinions please!!!

Last edited by ksomers; 03-07-2009 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: This may be posted in the wrong section?? Sorry!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 12:22 AM

238 posts, read 863,393 times
The weather is ok. Lots of rain but not dumping rain more of drizzle for days. Most Summers are really nice with highs around 80. We do have some bad Summers every few years with not much sun or heat. If you are looking for culture Tacoma is your place. There are lots of museums, art galleries, and art everywhere. Downtown Tacoma is pretty much the cultural hub of Pierce County. The 2 bar hoping spots in Tacoma are going to be in Downtwon and along 6th Ave. There is shopping in those areas but not really any big name retailers, you have to go to the mall for that. And while I don't mind going to Olive Garden and Red Lobster I think you will find there are many better local options.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:23 AM

6 posts, read 15,362 times
Yeah Im sure we will, lol those are just two things Ive been craving since we moved away!! Sure do miss the things you take for granted when there gone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington