U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-10-2009, 07:48 AM

309 posts, read 630,097 times
Default Hotel Olympus apartments - Tacoma

Anybody have any experience with these or the surrounding area?

If we move to Tacoma we will rent for about 6 months before we think about purchasing a house.

Is the downtown area nice? What is parking like for these apts?

Any input on these is welcome and greately appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 11:52 AM

390 posts, read 977,993 times
The downtown area has been dramatically cleaned up in the past decade. Lots of great places to walk, close to the waterfront, good restaurants, etc. Parking isn't an obstacle like it is in San Francisco or NY, but it's not abundant, either.
There are some very nice apts, and some more run down ones. I'd look more towards the Stadium District if I were looking.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:17 PM

309 posts, read 630,097 times
Cool, might look into those then, I just found out that Hotel Olympus apts are income controlled or whatever, maximum income and all. Really low maximum income.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 PM

235 posts, read 507,300 times
The Hotel Olympus has federal low income tax credits so they have that income cap. The building has been known for problems in the past, nothing major just some nusiance issues. I believe The Korean Womens Assoc. just bought the building and I hear they do a pretty good job managing their properties.

Most of the rental properties around that block are low income (Winthrop, Olympus, Colonial). Though the neighborhood is not too bad. There are lots of good restaurants like Matador, Paddy Coynes, Capers, India Mahal, and Merende. Start your search for an apartment at the Bostwick Apt. (yellow triangle building with Tullys at 9th and St. Helens, I know many people who live/have lived there) and go north from there (St. Helens Neighborhood and Stadium District). There are many apartments and condos for rent. You can find many affordable apartments in the downtown area. Studios are going to start at about $500 a month up to about $800. 1 Bedrooms start at about $600-$700 for an older building and go up to $800- $1000+ in newer buildings. Small 2 beds are going to start around $900 up to $2500 for larger condos/apartments.

Check out craigslist.org . Look for condos/townhomes for rent too because you can get pretty good deals and usually parking comes with it at no charge.

Downtown is a pretty fun place to live. Lots to do/eat/drink. Pretty low crime. Lots of young people.

Last edited by Jake840; 03-10-2009 at 01:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington