Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 01:41 PM

3 posts, read 10,096 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are moving to WA here in a bit. My wife has gotten a job that requires her to be near Seattle and Tacoma (within an hour or so). I am a designer so I will probably find work in that area. are probably going to get an apartment until we decide for sure where to purchase a home, but I would like to get a list of places to check out.

We would like to have a small house on a big plot of land. I want to live in a LOW crime area. We probably will be raising children so an area with good schools is important. I don't mind commuting up to 45 - 60 minutes.

We will have to have a garden, and I would like to be able to buy a dump in a nice area that I can renovate.

Any advice would help. I really appreciate it!!
-Ry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 04:41 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,232,602 times
Check out Maple Valley,which is in the Tahoma School District...Also the part of Renton in the Issaquah school District. Both of those areas are in good school districts, are somewhat rural in flavor, and have dumps for sale with large lots, but are not considered so desirable that dumps are extremely expensive, yet they are safe and quiet areas within an hour of Seattle and Tacoma.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:57 PM

3 posts, read 8,620 times
We have lived in Edgewood, just South of Federal Way, for several years and we loved it here. It has a great country feel but we are minutes from the freeway, it takes me 12 minutes to get to the mall, downtown Puyallup is 5 minutes. Most of the homes are older but have a nice sized lots for your garden. And right now with the housing market like this you can find a very reasonably priced home here.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:27 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,247,750 times
How big a piece of land are you looking for? There are some areas with lots large enough for horses but I would hate to have to pull weeds on something that big.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:36 PM

3 posts, read 10,096 times
Thanks guys!
I am going to look into all of that right now and see what i start turning up.

the largest lot I would want would be 3 acre. I have experience taming large areas of land here in Utah, but I am assuming there are all sorts of other issues out there that we don't have here (regarding unwanted plants and trees).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington