Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 06:45 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviraju View Post
Hi I am Ravi and I am moving to shelton coming month to shelton from India along with my daughter and wife. Can you please suggesst me where can i find houses for rent. What would be the range of rent? As I am new to US please sgive me your valuable suggesitions to lead a happy life there.
Thank you.
Ravi
Ravi, most decent 2 or 3 bedroom homes in Shelton rent for between $800 to $1200 per month. The best place I know to look is Craigslist. There are other places but I don't want to break any rules of this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 04:23 AM

4 posts, read 9,791 times
Hi Ravi, best of luck to you. I'm curious though, what brings you to come from India to Shelton, WA (a small town with very few immigrants) and apparently knowing very little about it. Seems very odd to be coming here to live in a small town. Why are you leaving India? India is an up and coming world economic power. Do people everywhere in the world think that the answer is here in the US? As for where you can find houses to rent, that will depend on when you arrive.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,881 times
I have been living here in Shelton for almost a year and a half. Since I don't drive, I am feeling like I am in the middle of nowhere with no reliable transportation. It is eve more difficult having a child. The doctors and hospitals are another thing to be desired. I travel over an hour to get myself and my son to see the doc when it is time. There is a wal mart here and but nothing that provides much entertainment. If you like the outdoors, there are trails and people like to dirtbike and take out quads. Lots of people have dogs here. There is a great golf course if you like that sort of thing. I wish I didn't move here there is nothing to do! So good luck to you

Old 05-04-2010, 10:02 PM

4 posts, read 9,791 times
Koryn,

Why would you live in a rural area when you don't drive? Why would you live in a rural area when your interests don't align with the activities?

Old 03-10-2011, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,785 times
i am shelton as shelton gets.
i was born here. raised here. and most likely will never stay anywhere else.
this place is home.

it is small and i know almost everyone in town. yes it is hickish. yes its rural.

most people here (being blue collar) are hard working, honest living folks.there are some interesting people but most of all are nice and will welcome you to our town. there are alot of people who would hand you the shirts off their backs because thats the way they were raised. might be lacking in the people skills dept. but are nice.

as for the weather: it is very green here. we all know what turns plants green. constant moderate light and LOTS of water, haha. it does rain here often but you come to love it because it just makes looks forward to and enjoy the breaks in the clouds and sunny minutes more. i couldnt imagine living anywhere else after growing up and being so used to the big green trees and lakes and rivers.

this is mostly a logging town and a shellfish industry town. other than the mills, quarry, and shellfish businesses most folks work out of town (olympia or nearby).

its a great location for kids! we have mulitiple grade schools, parks, beaches and forests to play in. also if anyone is worried our education system is lacking you need to check out how many of our local schools teachers have awards and recognition for their place in changing our community for the better. also most areas around town the school bus picks up/drops off the kids.

shelton has alot of outdoor recreation available like hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, playing outside and day tripping. i hunt and i fish. this is gods country. if you arent into playing outside its still a great location as its a short drive from olympia or bremerton to catch a ferry to seattle.

the crime rate is high. the drug rate is high. these things might deter a person if they dont know about our town. the crime and drugs are all in the same glob of crappy people that generally dont innermix with everyone else. like its said our town is small and if i know most everyone you can bet the police and sheriff dept know all of these folks. i do not lock my doors every minute of evey day. i generally feel very safe in my town.

i hope you have a great time here and your children anjoy it. shelton really is a great place to raise a family and i feel like youll have plenty of support. take a look into the MOPS program they run downtown at the big green and white church. youll find other moms and maybe make a few friends

best of luck.
shelton

Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,616 times
My husband and I spend weekends in the Shelton area. It is a nice area on beautiful Puget Sound. How did you hear about Shelton?

Old 08-11-2013, 01:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,090 times
Default Physical therapists?

Hi all,

I'm moving to Shelton and have a back/pelvis injury. Does anyone have recommendations for physical therapists in Shelton, Olympia, or the area? I'm also looking for chiropractor recommendations. Closer to Shelton is better since it's uncomfortable for me to drive for long periods, but I value competence over distance.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington