Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 12:37 AM

69 posts, read 255,128 times

Advertisements

So when do we get to see the fall colors around Bellingham? This will be my first fall here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 04:47 PM

36 posts, read 229,224 times
I don't know about Bellingham specifically, but down here in Olympia, we got beautiful colors in mid-late October last year, which was my first fall here. You can check out some photos here, if you'd like:
Fall in downtown Olympia

Kris

Old 09-04-2009, 05:01 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,749 times
Mid-late OCTOBER......it gets GORGEOUS around Bellingham with fall colors!!
Miss it there and can't wait to get back too!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:38 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trix4u View Post
So when do we get to see the fall colors around Bellingham? This will be my first fall here.
Whoa! Where are you from? If you are expecting fall to be ANYthing like New England, or even the central Atlantic or mid-west or mountain states, I'm afraid you will be very disappointed. If you are from the southwest or California or deep south, you will notice some vague color differences in October ... but if you have ever experienced fall in any of the former places I cited above, there is NO fall here at all to speak of.

On the other hand, if you like the color green, a LOT, you will be happy as a clam at high tide all year long out here ... the perpetual green even looks good under the 7 - 8 months of elephant-butt gray skies you are about to endure before the old yellow orb shows up again.

If you have been here in the NW for this whole 2009 summer, by the way, you have just experienced the finest weather I can remember in the NW in the 39 years since I left the east coast.

think green ... hope you enjoy it

Old 09-05-2009, 02:25 PM

69 posts, read 255,128 times
I am from Phoenix. Bellingham so far is a wonderful change all around

Old 09-06-2009, 09:11 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trix4u View Post
I am from Phoenix. Bellingham so far is a wonderful change all around
ah ... well then ... about 5 weeks from now ... mid-October, you would certainly enjoy a drive across the pass on Hwy. 20 and over to Winthrop ... that is one of the very best autumn colors drives anywhere in the NW.
If you are campers, Pearrygin Lake State Park is past the great town of Winthrop a ways ... out of the main of the deciduous colors but not entirely ... great little lake ... fishing, too ... can rent a canoe. If not a camper, you can find quaint lodging and restaurants in Winthrop ... you can even make the round-trip in one day, if you are in a hurry.

While our fall, even along Hwy 20, can't touch the beyond-psychedelic-mushroom-trip beauty of a New England fall - for which there is no competition on the face of the entire planet - being from Phoenix you should find the aforementioned drive worth every bit of your gas money ... enjoy what's left of whatever sun we may see until then ... from about Halloween on until April, you'll be able to count on your two hands the number of days you are likely to see even a few hours of yellow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington