Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2007, 02:56 AM

19 posts, read 85,488 times

Advertisements

I'm just New here and my first Thread here is ...

Moving to South West Washington in June and Questions

That means from Vancouver, Woodland, Kelso, Longview, Cathlamet, Chehalis, Centralia, Raymond, Aberdeen (Grays Harbor) to even Olympia. I want to find my place where I can live under the least means I have. Even Shelton or Forks. But I do not have any one of these places as to where I will really have myself set at, at this time. Because of the means of finding a Job and the means of renting a place to live. I would like to go where these things will be my means of findings for me.

I have lived in Sacramento, California for 28 years and never did I want to have been living in this place, more than a year. I first wanted out of being in Mississippi and Alabama back in the late 1970's, because my Father was living in Alabama at the time. My Mother was living in Sacramento, California and my first attempt was to head North for the Climate I really want, by going to where my Mother was and for which she had helped me get out of Mississippi and Alabama to Sacramento, California back then. But trying to make my own means by finding work and living, has made my moving choices put at postponement in all these years and this idea has been futile and vanity. Now that I look back at this.

I have had to live with the climate and weather I can't deal with. Clear, Sunny and Temperatures above 75 degrees. I'm even considered Mentally Ill because of this and I differ from popular interest and lifestyle views. I may have some other Mentally Ill problems that has to do with grammer comprehension and very prohibited with my socializing, doing things, being shy and full of anxieties. But when I don't live with a climate not being Cloudy and cool more often out of the year. I find this being the core of my life's entire opposition and I need to get to that climate now that I am 52 years old now and tired of waiting for my whole life to go before me, because I have to live my life in frustration with more than 200 days out of 365 being clear and sunny days out of a year. And Temperatures here are about 200 days out of a year above 75 degrees that I have spent of my days indoors living by an Air Conditioning, for which I have been hating to go outside because it is too warm and hot and the irksomeness of the bright Sun all the time.

Sacramento back in the 1980's used to have 7 months of some of the meager weather I liked, but now Global Warming is something I'm not in the mood for. It has made it more meager and now Sacramento from 2006 last year to now has only seen about a total of 90 Days only being solid and compressed days being shaded from the sun out of 365 days. Making Sacramento see 275 Days of Sun. Where in the 1980's it was like 200 Days of Sun and I got to see about 165 Days being shaded from the Sun. And I thought it was very meager back then.

I've been wanting to be in Washington for the last 30 so years of my life (Or the thoughts of being in Alaska also) and because nothing is being clearly understood about how I'm going to find myself living in Washington has become my biggest obstical from ever doing my moving. Now I'm just going to go without the exact answers, but am still hoping someone can give me a bit more while I make the risk of just getting myself up to Washington without these other answers for me as of yet.

I am planning on getting out of Sacramento, California on June Monday 4 and will be in Washington on June Tuesday 5 trying to find a place to live and a new job. Starting out in Centralia then to Aberdeen and Olympia. Where in all this will allow me to find me a job and a place to live. And to find the Climate I can really like ... Cloudiness (Nimbostratus Cloudiness is why I named myself for ... ) The more information about this the better I would like having it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 09:35 AM

OK? This Thread didn't have answers and is getting barried away. Any how! I'm not going to have my personal Internet service after May Friday 11. So I will not be able to see what's going on here, unless I get to use a Library Community Service Computer Internet access. For which will only be like some hour out of a week that I can get the access to.

As I get ready for my moving, that means I'm not having much Internet Access after this time ... May Friday 11. I'm packing my things up for my move. So I will not be here as often as I was this previous week. There is only a few days left from this Post till May Friday 11 to get all my answers.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:27 AM

534 posts, read 3,111,620 times
If work is important to you, you'd best locate to Vancouver or Olympia. The other areas could be a struggle in terms of employment.

good luck!

Old 05-06-2007, 11:41 AM

Well? I'm seeing myself needing the income for paying off the Bills. But Jobs is not like I just like I want to have one. I really want to have the Cloudiness and Cool Temperatures. So I'm going to be checking out Grays Harbor and Pacific County's first. Then I think Olympia down to Centralia or Shelton. Vancouver is too meager on Clouds and Summer Cool Temperatures (I think.). And working in Vancouver may be as bad as I been having it here in Sacramento. I like to avoid Vancouver. Maybe a good place from September to May. But I don't think Vancouver is going to be a good place between late May - September during the Summer Months. Just the time I get myself up in this area.

So I'm at least hoping by the Aberdeen area right now.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:41 PM

4 posts, read 52,616 times
Default I'm from California as well (Fresno)

I know exactly what you are talking about, well my opinion is greys harbor is kind of a pricey place to live but very nice. I don't think you would enjoy much living in Aberdeen not very many job opprtunities, and most of the people commute from Aberdeen to Olympia for jobs. You will definately get Clouds and rain in these areas you speak of, but Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater would be the best area from my experience. It is not as fast paced as vancouver and there are plenty of jobs. There are also alot more wooded and shady areas to live. Alot of homes are for sale right now, and plenty of rentals. Olympia is full of State jobs and government assistance offices, So is it's neighbor Lacey. Olympia is also 45 miles from the sea-tac airport if you ever had to travel. It takes about the same amount of time to get to the sacramento airport (living in sacramento) that it does to get to sea-tac airport from olympia.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamcan View Post
I know exactly what you are talking about, well my opinion is greys harbor is kind of a pricey place to live but very nice. I don't think you would enjoy much living in Aberdeen not very many job opprtunities, and most of the people commute from Aberdeen to Olympia for jobs.
When I get up there, I'm still going to spend a week trying to find me a Job in the Grays Harbor County area. Aberdeen, Hoquiam, Cosmopolis, Artic, then possibly Pacific County down to Raymond and South Bend.

I've got to have it staying in the 70's the most and at this peak of the Summer, anything above that on a job isn't going to let me be myself. I'm going to freak on a job and maybe loose it. Anything above 70 degrees.

That's why I'm now tired of waiting to move from here in Sacramento, California and I'm now just going to go for this year. I'm 52 years old now. Can't have my whole life waisted on these Hot Temperatures. It's really annoying me.

If record highs have been 104 in Olympia and 94 in Aberdeen. Jeezzz! I'm going to go in an outrage! When I get up there in June. Then come July and August. Global Warming is coming and who knows if more days and another Record Breaking Temperature hits the area this year? 106!? and having another extra day of it? Someone will have to adment me to the Hospital!

Old 05-14-2007, 09:26 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
Well, I don't know if you'll get a chance to read this now that your internet service has been turned off, but I certainly understand how you feel regarding the hot temperatures. I pray God is with you, and that you find what you are looking for.

Best wishes to you.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:24 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,714 posts, read 58,054,000 times
there are some new industries in Napavine / Chehalis / Centralia (Cardinal Glass / + distribution centers) There has been a big lose of high $$ jobs in Centralia (mining) There are affordable properties in rural small towns within commute distance (keep close to I-5 for resale value)

janb

suggestion... get the best paying evening / nice shift job and enjoy your days as a 'free' person. (less crowed too, ez commute, better pay, less bosses...)

Old 05-15-2007, 01:58 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,147 times
Default You'll do just fine anywhere in Western WA

I lived in Sac for 3 years (I liked it), but had to move for job reasons.

My wife is always complaining that it is too cold and cloudy here compared to Sac, so you should like it a lot!

I have either lived or have relatives in just about every city you named (I grew up here), and your "weather requirement" will be met by all of them. You should really make your focus be on the housing/job markets, since there is a HUGE difference between Sheldon and Seattle!

If you have any questions (non-weather) about any cities, fire away and I'll do my best to answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington