Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:27 AM

3,633 posts, read 6,169,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
This always cracked up us eastsiders, considering much of the state is anything but. However, the "Everbrown State" doesn't have the same ring to it.
Washington does indeed have quite a variety of climates, probably one to suit just about anyone. I just started construction on a home in Port Townsend, which I like because of the drier climate yet forested scenery. Overcast doesn't bother me a bit - I lived in SF in the fog for 18 years and actually kind of like the gray skies - but I like to do a lot of outdoor activities, so less drizzle works for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 01:29 AM

256 posts, read 479,357 times
Don't try to settle in Western Washington if you have something against the rain.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 12,981 times
Everyone says the Port Angeles/Sequim/Port Townsend area has the least rain, but they also say it is still GREY most of the time. I, too am looking into moving to NW Washington/Olympic Penninsula area and this is what seems to be the most highly recommended area when it comes to less precipitation. The islands are similar to Cape Cod, MA - sandy, generally expensive and touristy.... is what I hear. Note, this is second-hand information. I live in SUNNY COLORADO!

Old 10-18-2009, 08:41 PM

15 posts, read 44,714 times
Default murrieta isnt north county SD

you live in Murrieta, thats probably why you "hate" the sun...because it's ridiculously hot up there - 95 - 100 + in the summer! and 85 in the spring!
(I know, I used to live in Temecula, off the 79 - just south of you.)

However, now I live in Carlsbad and there's no way anyone can hate 70 degree days with sunny skies almost year round.

good luck in Washington, I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about the rain there...lol

Old 10-18-2009, 09:49 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
I love all this rain/anti-rain talk. Because, it really comes down to what you like. It's not that complicated! If you don't mind rain move to Western Oregon, Eugene, or anywhere north, or anywhere in W. Washington. And that doesn't mean you have to live with it everyday, that is a myth. The differences between Eugene and Bellingham, WA are subtle. Yes, Portland, especially near the Columbia, has more ice storms. Yes Bellingham has a bit more cold rain that sometimes comes down as snow, but generally, this region produces a similar climiate. As a native, I don't think it is for everybody, but it beats 15 degrees, shoveling snow every other day, and wondering if your car is going to start.

Last edited by pw72; 10-18-2009 at 09:58 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 12:06 PM

12 posts, read 21,870 times
Question How'd it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
I meant cities IN Washington. I am currently living in Noth San Diego county/South Riverside county and HATE it, I hate sun actually- but I dont want rain EVERYDAY. FINALLY moving to WA in a few months. I'm just looking for a great city to start off in near Seattle with the least amount of rain. Thanks
brittanykayy - I live in Wildomar and feel the SAME way. I'm trying to engineer a way out of So. Cal to Washington State and am trying to accommodate everyone's interests. My husband says he couldn't take all the rain and wants to be able to swim in the ocean (he doesn't really do that now so I have no idea why this is a requirement!) but a river will do. We can take more rain than here but I think there is a limit, there was to be some sun so I have to consider that. Once we pick out a few places in the country where we'd be willing to live, we can at least focus on it to make it happen!

So, how did it go for you?? Do you like it? Miss, So. Cal?

Old 07-11-2010, 01:25 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
Hi, I want to move to LA, but I don't want any smog. I would like to be able to be near the beach, but affordable, and not too crowded. Above all, I would like to be in the part of LA that gets the least sun, as I don't really like it too hot. Can anyone help me?

Old 07-11-2010, 01:28 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
We would have out-of-state visitors who would enter WA through either Biggs (below Goldendale) or Umatilla (below Tri-Cities) and without fail they would mention and laugh about the signs "Welcome to Washington, the Evergreen State" when there wasn't a tree in sight.
I always get the joy of explaining to Easterners why I don't get 300 days of pouring rain per year, because you know, Washington is rainy, period.

Plus, if they entered at Biggs and went north, they get the extra drag of going near Goldendale. And then they get to Toppenish and Wapato!

Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,368,771 times
Please don't move here and complain that it is rainy or cloudy.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:50 PM

615 posts, read 1,075,137 times
Quote:
I'm just looking for a great city to start off in near Seattle with the least amount of rain.
Forget it, there's no such thing anywhere near Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington