Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 10:32 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a place that has really cheap car insurance? Currently I'm paying $107 a month as a 23 year-old male with no tickets or anything. That is my California insurance company, they aren't available in Washington.

When I use Progressive and most things they want $270 a month or so from me here! What the hell is that all about? What is a bargain insurance company I can use? For reference, my old insurance company was Mercury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 11:36 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,007,350 times
Nationwide use to have good rates in the area.

Also a friend of mine said that Travellers had the best quotes for him.

You also might want to consider going an agency that has access to several companies and let them find the best rates for what you need. That's what I did this time when I relocated.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:02 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,669,807 times
That's what happened to me - I moved from Calif to WA and my insurance doubled.

I went from Geico to Progressive though so I'm suprised that you didn'tget a better quote.

Have you looked into Wachovia?

Old 06-11-2007, 10:15 AM

534 posts, read 3,105,177 times
Ameriprise is what we use and it's way less than Geico or Progressive.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:57 PM

Location: Northern and Western Washington State (the rainy part)
44 posts, read 153,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
Does anyone know of a place that has really cheap car insurance? .
Try Vern Fonk....

Old 06-14-2007, 10:14 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,007,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot_Wa View Post
Try Vern Fonk....
no, no, he's supposed to honk when he drives by Vern Fonk.

I suspect they'll be more expensive than most as they take the high risk drivers.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:04 PM

269 posts, read 1,241,145 times
Auto insurance is regulated at the state level, so there's going to be big differences between states. It just depends on how completely the industry has captured the regulatory office. IMO all insurance companies are predatory illegitimate offspring of female dogs who, if they haven't sold their mothers yet, it's only because they're sure they can get a better offer somewhere for the old bat. And since they all use credit scoring for setting rates, if you aren't rich, you'll get screwed even more.

You might look at Pemco, in particular if you work for a government agency (PEM at least used to stand for Public Employees Mutual). I haven't shopped for auto insurance in 3-4 years; it's probably time for me to look at that again.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:15 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,457,971 times
Default Auto Insurance

You can try Safeco Auto Insurance. When I was searching auto insurance, they were far below the others I have contacted for quotes.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,633 posts, read 57,651,190 times
yeah, pretty ridiculous... my rates doubled when I arrived in WA, from CO. 25 yrs ago.

My agent claims it is because 40% of the drivers on WA roads aren't insured. (I'm hoping he's wrong, but.... one of my neighbors drives everyday, and I know he lost his license years ago, and usually wrecks 3-5 cars / yr)

I recommend shopping them all. I use Country Companies, and my friend went from them to AARP and saved half (I'd guess you're not ready for that leap (age 23 )

Maybe you could get some 'diversity' points (sex change, for insurance only!!!) Females have more claims, but far lower rates due to fewer and less expensive medical claims. Cars are cheap to replace, human bodies not so cheap.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:26 AM

550 posts, read 3,259,391 times
Huh. That explains why our insurance rates dropped SIGNIFICANTLY when we moved out of Washington. I just thought my husband's tickets finally dropped off his record.

We've had good luck with both Progressive and Geico, if that helps the OP any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: