Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 01:27 PM

264 posts, read 692,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisvashon View Post
Also being a strong Republican, I really know what you mean about questioning whether the city proper of Seattle has ANY Republicans. If so, there has never been an endangered species so rare before in history. Seattle is run by far lefties. The last time Seattle had a Republican mayor was in 1880. Yet, the liberals use the word "diversity" like they get $100 each time they use it. They can't say it enough. Too bad that "diversity" does not extend to "diversity of opinion." If you don't agree with them, you are immediately labeled. Suddenly, there is no room for "diversity." So, as long as you AGREE WITH THEM, you're okay. But, if you have a different opinion, you're "intolerant" or a "racist." The hypocrisy and intolerance of diversity of opinion would be hilarious, if it wasn't so sad and full of total hypocrisy. And, all this from the Democrats who show just how much "diversity" they truly believe in with their "it's my way or the highway" rhetoric. So, their real message is, “As long as agree with me, I believe in diversity.” It would be funny if it weren’t so very sad.
I would have to second this opinion. I grew up in Seattle and it kept going further to the left all the time. By the time I was in high school, I felt almost like a visitor from another planet there.

Washington's most conservative areas are also some of it's least picturesque, unfortunately. The counties that border Idaho, especially south of Spokane County, are the most Republican.

Last edited by Bellinghamite; 08-25-2007 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: add omitted word

Old 08-25-2007, 09:10 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,767,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellinghamite View Post
I would have to second this opinion. I grew up in Seattle and it kept going further to the left all the time. By the time I was in high school, I felt almost like a visitor from another planet there.

Washington's most conservative areas are also some of it's least picturesque, unfortunately. The counties that border Idaho, especially south of Spokane County, are the most Republican.
The people with money can afford the picturesque places to live, Generally, people with educations tend to make more money. As a whole, liberals or progressives are more educated than repulbicans. This is not an opionion, this is a fact. Thats why progressives/liberals/Democrates live in the nicer areas. But, its America, and your welcome to leave and live in the areas where more republicans live.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:42 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,618,679 times
Like most major metro areas, the suburbs are more conservative than liberal. I'm going to take Bellevue out of the equation, because so many Seattleites are moving into the new Bellevue high rise district. Generally, Bellevue has been more conservative than Seattle. Redmond also attracts many liberals, who may or may not have microsoft connections.

North and South is where you will find more conservatives. South Everett, Kent, Auburn, Federal Way will be your highest conservative districts. These areas are not enough to elect those of that politcal lean to office. However, as these areas grow, things could change...slowly.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:40 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,003,314 times
This thread has again drifted into off-topic discussions and general political disagreements. As it has happened several times during its duration, we're going to close this thread as it has run its course. The last few postings have been deleted and this is a good point to wind this up. Also, the OP hasn't checked back for quite some time now. Thanks to all who participated.

Feel free to open a thread in the Politics and Other Controversies forum to continue any discussions on why certain cities are more right-wing than others.

Thanks.

--'rocco
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington