Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 02:45 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,043 times

Advertisements

thanks everyone, feeling better and better by the minute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 11:50 PM

416 posts, read 2,510,188 times
Personally, I do not blame anyone for moving out of Florida. At this time, the real estate is way overpriced. I wouldn't say everywhere in FL is a dump when it varies from location to location.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:06 AM

9 posts, read 34,390 times
If rainy days don't get you down, you will love Washington. As simple as that. I had to move away from my beloved Washington to go to UNT here in Texas...but I hate the sun sooooo...yeah. Outdoor activities are amazing there! So MUCH TO DO!!! People are reserved but nice. Most have that Mountain type of attitude...woodsy and down to earth. It's great if don't agree with flashy stuff...like ppl here in Dallas do. You have the ocean there too, just can't really swim in it...but there are WHALES!!! The pretty kind...and FERRY BOATS!!! AND MUSIC is BIG in SEATTLE!

I love Seattle and Western Washington so much that I am getting a tattoo of the space needle so I can say Seattle is in my blood! After I graduate...I'm coming back to my mother ship.

You never get tired of looking at Mt. Rainier everyday (on days u can see it)...you can see the HUGE EVERGREEN TREES everyday tho!

Old 05-17-2007, 05:23 AM

Keep those cards and letters comin folks (aka posts)...the day is getting closer and I am feeling good about this now...thanks all!

Old 05-17-2007, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,970 times
Thumbs up Where did you move from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
thanks everyone, feeling better and better by the minute

Where did you move from and what has made your move difficult? I am having a conference call with my son tonight about me getting out of FLorida and moving to Seattle. I really want to go home to San Diego and I could if 4of us girls and guys could buy a home together! LOL

Old 05-17-2007, 04:54 PM

well I am originally from Ohio and moved to Florida in 2001...i took a huge cut in pay to move here, but did it because i love the water and the sunshine. But after six years, I was still making $4000 less a year...and i am so tired of worrying about keeping a roof over my head i cant seem to enjoy it here anymore and i dont have any family here...i am moving to the Seattle/Tacoma area May 23rd because I have family there and i think the job situation would be better there, but was concerned about how I would adjust to the drastic change in climate..

Old 05-17-2007, 05:59 PM

Quote:
well I am originally from Ohio and moved to Florida in 2001...i took a huge cut in pay to move here, but did it because i love the water and the sunshine. But after six years, I was still making $4000 less a year...and i am so tired of worrying about keeping a roof over my head i cant seem to enjoy it here anymore and i dont have any family here...i am moving to the Seattle/Tacoma area May 23rd because I have family there and i think the job situation would be better there, but was concerned about how I would adjust to the drastic change in climate..
Ouch. I know the feeling. Having taken a pay cut here in the Phoenix area, the the housing market went into a bubble but salaries didn't keep up.

To alleviate the pain of moving to WA state, try to live closer to work or close to the main transportation system, such as the Sounder train. About the sunless environment, light therapy works if it gets to you. You will not notice a difference...It's a godsend. Also travel to sunnier environments. It's not truely cheaper, but you can save so much on a higher salary and less gas - that is if you use the public transportation system.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:32 PM

i had planned to focus on Seattle as far as employment goes and thought i would use the rail system. Not sure what part of town I will eventually settle in..i will be staying with my sister in Ruston for awhile...

Old 05-17-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:
i had planned to focus on Seattle as far as employment goes and thought i would use the rail system. Not sure what part of town I will eventually settle in..i will be staying with my sister in Ruston for awhile...
Ruston is okay for the short term. The nearest station would be the Tacoma Dome Center on Portland Ave. Try to stay away from I 16 as much as possible.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:35 PM

ok thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington