Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 01:00 PM

21 posts, read 110,866 times

Advertisements

I am a 32yr old male and looking to leave Florida after spending 8 years here. I am looking to escape the long summers of extreme heat/humidity and boring lifestyle(beach or bust). I am looking at the Pacific Northwest because I love having significant geographic & climatic diversity(in Florida we don't have the different microclimates and landscapes). I am most interested in living in an area with a population between 75,000 - 200,000. I've been to Redmond/Sammamish and Kelowna/Vernon and loved both. I'm looking at visiting Bend at some time this summer. Most important to me are:
- Natural Beauty (mountains/lakes/rivers)
- Excellent hiking/skiing
- Great golf courses nearby
- Politically moderate (not too liberal or conservative)...I tend to lean center-right fiscally but enjoy the outdoorsy/environmental aspects and indie rock music like a liberal.
- Climate is not an issue(obviously i know that redmond/sammamish is alot more grey and wet than the other two but i'm flexible).
- Job not an issue(work from home and flexible where I live).
- Housing costs(i figure that redmond/sammamish is highest here but likely attributed to seattle/bellevue incomes and no income tax so its probably all relative).
- Low Crime

If you had the choice, of these destinations which would you choose to live in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 01:27 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,821,929 times
Personally, I would live in Redmond/Sammamish and have a vacation place in Kelowna. I love all that Kelowna offers: skiing close by, wineries and such.

Wouldn't you have to deal with the whole immigration issue if you live/work in Kelowna?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington