Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 04:33 PM

4 posts, read 17,281 times

Advertisements

Hi there!
My husband and I lived on the border of Olympia & Lacey, WA for about a year. He got deployed () to Iraq, so my daughter and I moved back to Astoria, OR while he is gone. We have made it halfway through - 6 months! - of the deployment already!
Once he returns we have to head back up that way again because my husband is stationed at Ft. Lewis. We so badly want to purchase a house when he gets home, so what I am wondering and need your help on is trying to find an agent who is going to help us and be able to guide us through the process.
We are looking for a home in the Steilacoom/Lacey/Olympia area.
can anyone recommend a good agent?
A good neighborhood in the lacey/olympia area?
The best schools in those areas?

We were only there for a year and our daughter will be 2 in April. So we need to think about schools once she's old enough, but if we're buying then we want to make sure it's a GREAT place for her.

Thanks for all your help!

mod interpose: Please remember that all real estate agent recommendations to jezika must be made by Direct Message as per our T.O.S. Btw, we have we have several helpful and knowledgeable real estate agents who participate on this forum - don't hesitate to Direct Message them, jezika.

Last edited by scirocco22; 02-07-2010 at 05:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 09:30 PM

1,024 posts, read 4,128,817 times
Jezicka,

You might want to check out this website: Washington State Report Card It lets you compare up to three Washington State schools with each other. You can input Steilacoom, Olympia and Lacey schools to see how they rate.
All three areas you've mentioned are nice places to live. Steilacoom will likely be the place with the shortest commute time for your husband, but home prices tend to be higher than in Lacey.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:39 PM

370 posts, read 1,066,521 times
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezika24 View Post
Hi there!
My husband and I lived on the border of Olympia & Lacey, WA for about a year. He got deployed () to Iraq, so my daughter and I moved back to Astoria, OR while he is gone. We have made it halfway through - 6 months! - of the deployment already!
Once he returns we have to head back up that way again because my husband is stationed at Ft. Lewis. We so badly want to purchase a house when he gets home, so what I am wondering and need your help on is trying to find an agent who is going to help us and be able to guide us through the process.
We are looking for a home in the Steilacoom/Lacey/Olympia area.
can anyone recommend a good agent?
A good neighborhood in the lacey/olympia area?
The best schools in those areas?

We were only there for a year and our daughter will be 2 in April. So we need to think about schools once she's old enough, but if we're buying then we want to make sure it's a GREAT place for her.

Thanks for all your help!

mod interpose: Please remember that all real estate agent recommendations to jezika must be made by Direct Message as per our T.O.S. Btw, we have we have several helpful and knowledgeable real estate agents who participate on this forum - don't hesitate to Direct Message them, jezika.
Thank you for your family's sevice to our country. Depnding on what schools public or private the choices are abundant. The university place schools and fircrest schools are good. Like sandy mentioned do check out the report card site. Puyallup is also relatively close to Ft Lewis. Hope this helps

Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM

4 posts, read 17,281 times
Thank you very much to both of you! I will be checking out that website now!
I appreciate all the help I can get!

Old 02-10-2010, 12:08 AM

370 posts, read 1,066,521 times
Smile You are welcome

I appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington