Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:35 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,041,958 times

Advertisements

Actually, if you're near the North Shore Golf course, then you're probably closer to "downtown" Federal Way than you are to any of the Tacoma conveniences.

The Commons at Federal Way (aka, Seatac Mall) would be your closest mall. You'll find every major chain store, restaurant, and any other conveniences in downtown Federal Way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 08:44 AM

7 posts, read 37,084 times
We are also looking at about 9 other apartments, specifically in Kent, Tacoma, and Puyallup. Out of those 3, which would be a good location to live in?
Are there good dog parks in that area?

Old 06-05-2007, 12:18 PM

332 posts, read 1,625,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbado View Post
We are also looking at about 9 other apartments, specifically in Kent, Tacoma, and Puyallup. Out of those 3, which would be a good location to live in?
Are there good dog parks in that area?
Do you have a job lined up and if so, where? I'm asking because it would be a pain in the butt to commute anywhere from Puyallup -- traffic to there is killer. Tacoma or Kent would be a bit better, since you'd likely only have to deal with I-5. So, unless you are planning to work in Puyallup, I wouldn't suggest living there.

Plus, when Mt Rainier blows, Puyallup is history . . .

Old 06-05-2007, 12:56 PM

I am actually going to be doing outside sales, so my office is at my home, but i will be out everyday!

Old 06-06-2007, 12:48 AM

2 posts, read 14,170 times
if you're looking for a nice place, try university place. the westridges is really nice. you're walking distance to the beach, and a great resturant. you're also a short drive from the chambers bay area. there is a 5k waking trail (they even have drinking fountains for dogs set up there). abit down the way people use a soccer field as a dog park on the weekends.
the westridges are about 5 minutes from the freeway. downtown tacoma is about 20 minutes.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:32 PM

We found a place! The one by North Shore Golf Course. Now, it's 2 weeks countdown until we leave! Tacoma---Here we come!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:37 PM

417 posts, read 1,281,507 times
Default Groceries

For your groceries I highly recommend "WinCo Foods" which is on 106 SW Campus Drive; Federal Way. They have the lowest prices around for groceries.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:35 AM

753 posts, read 758,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbado View Post
So, my boyfriend, dog & I are moving to Tacoma in a couple of weeks. Are there any areas that we should stay clear of? Are there any apartment complex's to stay clear of?

Any help would be great!
Look at Gig Harbor. It's a lovely town and the bridge makes a good buffer. Tacoma hasn't got a lot going for it.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:57 PM

332 posts, read 1,625,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Look at Gig Harbor. It's a lovely town and the bridge makes a good buffer. Tacoma hasn't got a lot going for it.
Is the new bridge open yet?
IMHO the only thing the gig harbor bridge makes is terrible traffic . . .

Old 07-05-2007, 08:27 PM

753 posts, read 758,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagus View Post
Is the new bridge open yet?
IMHO the only thing the gig harbor bridge makes is terrible traffic . . .
The traffic sucks, but given the choice of a long commute or having to live anywhere near Tacoma, it's not a tough choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington