U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-02-2007, 05:39 PM

3 posts, read 13,448 times

Advertisements

Hi, My husband Don and I are moving to Bainbridge this summer, and we are so excited. We're long-time Seattlities (Don for 35 years, me for 25) with one decade in Monroe. Had to come back to the city two years ago; we are so NOT urban folks. We thrive in beauty and nature, are ecoconscious, eat organic, have two beloved bearded collies.

I have been a full-time shamanic practitioner, teacher and writer for 12 years. Am now adding a truly spirit-led nutritional business to the mix with the intention of making my shamanic practice part-time. It's VERY magical, intense and miraculous work, and is my life's path, but I need to work in more balance after having spent the last 12-years solely devoted to this work. Time for a bit of relaxation and fun, time to revel in beauty and joy -- to refill the well.

My husband Don is an amazing fine artist (Don Hazeltine Seattle Artist) who is just starting an architectural wall finishes business (amazing wall textures, colors -- very high end residential and small commercial -- indoor and outdoor; you have to see them to understand). No web yet for the new business, but will be sometime soon. Other sites are his art work -- enjoy! Oh, he is looking to rent studio space on the Island. Can be pretty raw,, but must should have water, heat and electic (and hopefully internet access available). Could be a share. If you're an artist with a big studio that you'd like to share, check out his work and see what you think. You can contact him through his website.

I am looking to snorkel around BI after having just discovered this wonderful sport in the Bahamas. Would love to find a writer's group; used to be a pro copywriter, and have published in a small way. Creative nonfiction is my current focus.

Love to eat well, cook, am looking forward to joining the Aquatics center. Very much looking to explore walks with the dogs on Island -- both woods and beaches.

We really want to build smart, funny, conscious community.

If anything here jogs soemthing for you, I'd love it if you wrote back. Hope this rental comes through; we find out tomorrow. However, if you know of a great 1,800 sq ft house (or larger) with great heat and insulation (for both eco and financial reasons), 3+ BR, 2 or 2+ bath, we'd love to know about it. Simplicity of smart design make smaller Ok. Would love (who wouldn't?) hard wood floors, gas stove (and all kit appliances, of course, w/d, fireplace or good wood stove), and sylvan or water setting with great light. Must have fence for dogs or be willing to match our up to $1800 contribution to fence your yard with beautiful wood fencing (with minimum of two eyar's lease). Will pay up to $2400 a month depending upon heat, space, other util, fencing, etc. Please do not write if you any otion of selling your house; we want long-term.

Hope if you're reading this you'll write me. Any great tips about living on BI are greatly appreciated -- favorite places to walk with dogs offleash, favorite coffe places, favorite rest, favorite anything. In fall, will be looking to donate some time to service. Thanks

Namaste,
LoraJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington