Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:00 AM

559 posts, read 2,116,073 times

Advertisements

Do you by any chance have experience in Information Technology (computers)? If so, I know where there is a great job for you, and I can help you get it. PM me if you would like additional information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 11:37 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
So Shadow...how are you liking this Summer weather? You've noticed it's a bit cold and drizzly lately (as your first post stated)...but now that you've been here about a month - Whatcha' think?

Old 06-28-2007, 12:28 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
So Shadow...how are you liking this Summer weather? You've noticed it's a bit cold and drizzly lately (as your first post stated)...but now that you've been here about a month - Whatcha' think?
It actually hasn't rained very much and I haven't worn a sweater since I've been here. I like it, and I generally like the rain too but I was kind of depressed when I first got here since I have to go down and get my dogs and fiancee in about a week. At first I almost felt claustrophobic with all the trees closing in on me. I'm feeling fine now, as long as I get a job!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:26 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
OH I didn't know your girlfriend was moving up here! Is she okay with the cooler tempuratures?

Old 06-29-2007, 02:23 AM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
OH I didn't know your girlfriend was moving up here! Is she okay with the cooler tempuratures?
She prefers them actually. In CA I felt it was comfortable inside but she always wanted to leave the window open at night! It was too drafty and would make me feel sick in the morning.

In other news I took my first visit to Seattle and wow, it makes me feel like some kind of crazy country kid. The buildings were big, revolving doors, rows of elevators in buildings, you could have told me I was in New York!

I mean I'm no country-bumpkin, I lived two hours from L.A. but never went down there because it sounded like hell. Seattle really looked very nice and impressed me!

The place I was at was the crossroads of 6th and Union.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:17 PM

277 posts, read 1,298,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
Well I was fired and when I asked for an explanation they wouldn't give me one. I was on time, dressed sharp, worked hard, and I'm very confused and angry right now. This messes things up so bad. I wouldn't be mad if I deserved it or got an explanation but they didn't have one!!!
dang, shadow, that sucks. Washington is an "employment at will" state, that is, they can fire you for NO reason whatsoever.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:30 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkey View Post
dang, shadow, that sucks. Washington is an "employment at will" state, that is, they can fire you for NO reason whatsoever.
I'm fine with that, they should have told me "we fired you for no reason". I don't think lying is the answer and I doubt the company would have approved the employees actions.

And I came from California and it's the same thing there.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:47 PM

642 posts, read 3,072,940 times
Yep. Going to have to agree with this wisdom. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
God says to leave the worrying to him. Just concentrate on a job hunt!

Old 07-08-2007, 02:33 PM

417 posts, read 1,282,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagus View Post
Ooooh this drove me insane, especially in the Tacoma/Lakewood/University Place area . . .

just you wait until you have to find "85th St Ct Av Ln Dr Cir SW" some time . . . .
I have to chuckle at this. I live on __th St. Ct. W. in University Place.

When on the telephone, first comes the question, "Is it Street or Court?" to which I inform them that it is both. Then when they enter University Place their computer has a fit. "That's Tacoma....(or sometimes Fircrest)," I'm corrected. They must think I'm so confused that I don't even know which town I live in, haha. "Leave it," I tell them, "the postal worker always seems to find me whether it is University Place, Fircrest, or Tacoma."

When traveling down 67th it suddenly becomes Mildred. Not only that but at an intersection near my house you will see a sign saying 40th Street on the right and the sign on the left states Emerson.

27th makes a slight curve and becomes Regents Blvd. even before it enters Fircrest.

56th wiggles and becomes Cirque Dr., Bridgeport suddenly becomes Jackson, Orchard St. changes to Lakewood Dr.. I can go on and on. Not only that but at 19th St-- Orchard St. ends on the south side of Highway 16 and begins again on the north side of Highway 16. Try giving directions for that one!!

Yup, finding your way around University Place/Lakewood/Tacoma/Fircrest can be a challenge.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:40 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,049,517 times
Wow, princessvanessa, I never knew that about University Place! What a mess! That is confusing. I found myself chuckling as I read your post. *whew!*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington