U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:16 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,070,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
What a sad story.

According to wikipedia, Cheryl Lemke is on WXIA-TV in Atlanta, but I can't confirm the accuracy of that. Dave Schwartz was probably my favorite meterologist.

To think all these professionals were fired while they decided to keep that air head Stephanie Abrhams on the air. And Al Roker? What a joke.

I miss the low key presentation of TWC.
Hey, ilovemycomputer, I think you are right about Cheryl! I just noticed her name is among the list of the station's meteorologists. Here is the link:

11Alive.com | Atlanta, GA | Bio Page

The catch is that when you click on her name, nothing pops up. Maybe she was very recently hired? In any case, I am glad someone gave her a chance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 11:56 PM

7,303 posts, read 22,732,022 times
I had no idea about Jeanettas accident... how sad. I know I miss her on TWC.

Yeah, Dave Schwartz was so funny... he and Lisa Mozer would crack me up at night!

TWC will never be the same...

Kristina Abernathy gone, Dave gone, Kristen Dodd gone, etc... the list is endless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Jeanetta Jones is a former meteorologist who went through a tragic car accident. I've read reports where she wasn't laid off--her injuries prevented her from returning to work. The article is below:

The day the weather changed - Ed Grisamore - Macon.com

Old 07-10-2010, 02:11 AM

11,294 posts, read 16,389,783 times
Wow I semi-forgot about the people who left but now that I'm seeing names I'm noticinbg that they aren't there anymore. TWC is going downhill fast, it fell off cliff when Al Roker joined.

I actually like Stephanie Abrams, I loved the show Abrams & Bettes. I don't like waking up with Al, I only watched it once.

I feel really bad for Jeanetta Jones, I didn't really notice she (and many others) was gone.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 AM

15,044 posts, read 13,095,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Hey, ilovemycomputer, I think you are right about Cheryl! I just noticed her name is among the list of the station's meteorologists. Here is the link:

11Alive.com | Atlanta, GA | Bio Page

The catch is that when you click on her name, nothing pops up. Maybe she was very recently hired? In any case, I am glad someone gave her a chance!
Interesting! I wonder if anyone who posts on this board live in the Atlanta area.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:20 AM

15,044 posts, read 13,095,907 times
There's quite a few meterologists that I forgot about. Paul Kocin for example.

The name Marnie Stanier sounds familar but I can't picture her face. Anyone remember her?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:31 AM

10,394 posts, read 8,344,729 times
The Weather channel needs more Weather and less FLUFF.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:25 AM

12,994 posts, read 17,113,637 times
The Weather Channel jumped the shark the moment they fired Dave Schwartz.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:49 AM

826 posts, read 1,482,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
.....I don't like waking up with Al.....
Don't blame you a bit. That's a visual that would give anyone hives.

When TWC hired Al Roker they made a commitment to join the "dark" side of news broadcasting. The trend these days is to consider news as entertainment first and secondarily (if at all) consider it as informative. Al is the consumate entertainer and while some of that is O.K, his presence on The Weather Channel is indicative of how far the organisation is willing to go in continuing this trend.

It's unfortunate and I believe the quality of product TWC generates suffers some as a consequence.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:55 AM

10,394 posts, read 8,344,729 times
Better yet just go here: Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground

Old 07-11-2010, 08:12 AM

3,425 posts, read 7,939,009 times
If I'm not mistaken, TWC is owned by Comcast and now that Comcast has a stake in NBC, they are trying to play up that angle.

I miss the pre-"Wake Up with Al" Weather Channel that I watched in the morning. I'm watching the Weather Channel for the weather, not for entertainment or non-weather information! I also don't like the fact the Weather Channel sometimes shows programs that preempt their regular 10 minute cycle programming.

Some of the people TWC had, like the aforementioned Cheryl Lemke and Dave Schwartz, should have never been let go.

I didn't realize Jeanetta Jones was in a serious car accident. I'm glad to hear she's still alive and is gradually recovering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather