U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2010, 07:54 PM

180 posts, read 242,037 times

Advertisements

Marc Mancuso who was let go about a year ago is now working for Accu-Weather in state college, PA

Mike Bono, who was TWC back in the 90's is back home working for Channel 10 In Albany I beleive, not sure, I know it is an albany afflilate

Jodi Saeland was on Fox 13 in Utah and just retired from the business and now a mom at home
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 11:40 PM

10,275 posts, read 9,970,295 times
Bill Keneely, as far as I'm concerned, was their best male forecaster. Letting him go was really dumb. Has he turned up anywhere else yet?

The mass firing awhile back really pretty much ruined the weather channel. It's just not the same any more, especially with the non-weather related crap in the morning with "Al." Stephanie Abrams can be annoying at times, as well.

And... Heather Tesch... She used to be great back in the day with Marshal Seese. But lately she has really developed some annoying on-air "habits" with her speech, mannerisms, and actions that drive me bonkers at times.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:07 AM

44 posts, read 89,034 times
Wow, I never realized how many people have come and gone through the years on TWC. Sure does suck these days.. I miss it back 10 years ago, no crappy tv shows, no crappy al roker shows, just weather..

Old 01-20-2011, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 20,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Bill Keneely, as far as I'm concerned, was their best male forecaster. Letting him go was really dumb. Has he turned up anywhere else yet?

The mass firing awhile back really pretty much ruined the weather channel. It's just not the same any more, especially with the non-weather related crap in the morning with "Al." Stephanie Abrams can be annoying at times, as well.

And... Heather Tesch... She used to be great back in the day with Marshal Seese. But lately she has really developed some annoying on-air "habits" with her speech, mannerisms, and actions that drive me bonkers at times.

I completely agree with you! As a matter of fact I'm watching Heather Tesch right now and she just said beloooooow in Chi-cagowww. In Heather's defense, I think the producers demand she be an actor instead of simply delivering the weather like they do with many of the meteorologists. When NBC took over they got rid of some great people, including Bill Keneely and Dave Schwartz, who was one of my favorites. I guess they weren't good-looking enough for NBC! Actually I'm still bitter of the whole Conan thing too! Since the take-over, the Weather Channel has gone downhill in my opinion. Al Roker being the worst along with Stephanie Abrams who drives me absolutely crazy and I can't stand listening to her!!! She's so loud and her "animated" on-air antics are just over the top.

They still have some good meteorologists but they seem to be on at odd hours. (Vivian Brown, Kim Perez-Cunningham, Paul Goodloe, Jen Carfagno Nichole Mitchel and of course Mike Seidel! Poor Mike is always out in the bad weather!

Old 01-20-2011, 01:57 PM

2 posts, read 20,041 times
Christina Abernathy was also let go in the whole NBC firing process. She wasn't one of my favorites and stumbled over her words a lot but she was improving. Christina had gained a lot of weight and again, TWC has it's priorities by keeping the good-looking ones. I loved the old Weather Channel also. Does anyone remember George Elliott way back in the early days? I remember he and another meteorologist had the giggles on-air and it was hilarious!! It lasted for at least a half hour so they keep switching to the local forecast.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 9,855 times
Speaking of airheads, I forget the name of the blonde with the streaked hair who was on the air until about 3 or 4 months ago. She was on in the evening a lot with Jim Cantore. Don't miss her but wondering what happened to her...

Old 04-07-2011, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 9,758 times
does anyone else have a problem with how extremly fast jen carfagno speaks?? I find it annoying trying to listen to her most times. I find her on, cant fathom what she is saying because she is running a speaking marathon, so i change channels. Not a way to keep listeners. I tried contacting WC execs and NBC but to no avail, they don't even reply. She could have been cut loose with no complaints from me.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:25 PM

2,618 posts, read 2,965,040 times
I looked and was suprised the link to the weather channel personalities wasn't here. So here are the most current ones that are on:

The Weather Channel Personalities and Meteorologists

Old 04-07-2011, 07:11 PM

15,044 posts, read 13,095,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspnelson View Post
does anyone else have a problem with how extremly fast jen carfagno speaks?? I find it annoying trying to listen to her most times. I find her on, cant fathom what she is saying because she is running a speaking marathon, so i change channels. Not a way to keep listeners. I tried contacting WC execs and NBC but to no avail, they don't even reply. She could have been cut loose with no complaints from me.
I think she's getting dragged into the fast paced, entertainment style that TWC is aiming for.

Mike Seidel was making a fool of himself the other day.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 9,089 times
I don't care for Heather Tesch and Stephanie Abrams. I have a hard time listening to Heather. I'm sure she is very nice, but her voice seems weak and it's like she struggles to speak when she delivers the weather. Stephanie Abrams is a bit too obnoxious for me. She is not refined at all and acts inapporpriate at times. It surprises me that they fire everyone else but these 2 are still on the air. Just my opinion..

To sspnelson: Yes, Jen Carfagno speaks way too fast. It annoys me too. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather