Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:12 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times

Advertisements

I rarely turn on TWC these days. I loved watching it in the 90s and early 00s, but the quality has gone down considerably in recent years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 05:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,427 times
yes since take over twc is about the worst. giving someone like roker which all these years on today and never promotive but given a show and he is not a meterogist to start with. and him and abrams is strange too. and her x partner mike bettes are jokes. if wasnt for other people in atlanta you could see how bad they are. bettes is suppose to be a storm chaser but he stats hide in atlanta behind girls there. the one time last year they sent him out everytime there was a storm he was 2 states away. with all that equipment you think he could narrow it down so he could warn people. abrams dont know why she is up in new york except to be with her hero al roker. she dont report on weather thought that was her job. its dog races,dances horse races or something non weather. thats if she shows up for work. suppose to have 5 day show if she is there for half of it it unusual. only time she goes out to report on some weather problem she is with al roker. of course most of the time they get someone in atlanta to go to it like last large storm you have those two and people from atlanta go up there but not your storm chaser mike bettes he stayed hide in atlanta. for about a week there was no bettes and thought maybe some one finally did something right and got rid of someone that didnt do their job but see he is back guess needed time off from being tired from hidfing. sorry to say this station has become the worst is why durning the week dont watch but on weekend is better since those 3 are not on then and weather is broadcast

Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 AM

Apparently Dave Schwartz works as a salesman at Macy's now.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:31 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
I don't really watch the weather channel much these days, but I saw a bit of it the other day... and I think I recognized one of the women they fired a few years back. Maybe she was a lookalike, but I believe it was Jennifer Lopez. She was one of the better personalities back in the day, I thought. Interesting. Anyone else see her (or her clone)?

As I said, I'm kinda out of the loop. Maybe she's been there awhile for the second time around. Don't know.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:01 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times
I remember Jen Carfagno- I used to think she was really hot lol, is she still on there? She'd be the sole reason I watch it....

Old 03-03-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I remember Jen Carfagno- I used to think she was really hot lol, is she still on there? She'd be the sole reason I watch it....
Yes, saw her too. She's on early mornings (at least for my time zone--mountain).

Old 03-03-2014, 05:43 PM

12 posts, read 23,296 times
I did see her! I used to love The Weather Channel, and I saw her on two nights ago with Kim Perez (blonde hair). It gave me flashbacks to late 1990's/early 2000's Weather Channel, I believe they both were on during that time period.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomike122 View Post
I did see her! I used to love The Weather Channel, and I saw her on two nights ago with Kim Perez (blonde hair). It gave me flashbacks to late 1990's/early 2000's Weather Channel, I believe they both were on during that time period.
Yes, Kim Perez (now Kim Cunningham) had super-short hair around that time if I remember correctly (like a buzz cut). I've always thought she (Kim) is a great forecaster--especially when she was on late night (in those years) and sort of had the entire broadcast to herself. She was very professional and quite pleasant to listen to. She seemed genuine and down-to-earth, and her speech and mannerisms were... as I said, very pleasant.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yes, Kim Perez (now Kim Cunningham) had super-short hair around that time if I remember correctly (like a buzz cut). I've always thought she (Kim) is a great forecaster--especially when she was on late night (in those years) and sort of had the entire broadcast to herself. She was very professional and quite pleasant to listen to. She seemed genuine and down-to-earth, and her speech and mannerisms were... as I said, very pleasant.
Yeah she's good. I think Dave Schwartz and Warren Madden were on late at night (each solo) as well. TWC used to be so laid back and professional. I no longer have it, but stopped watching years ago anyway.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,411 times
I used to love watching the Weatther Channel back in the day. Always wondered what happened to most of them. My heart drop when I heard about Jeanetta Jones. She was my favorite. Still have autograph promo pictures of most of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather