Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 08:39 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,755,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Yeah, it's terrible that she went through that accident and is suffering long-term effects. I wish the best for her.

The Weather Channel decided that sex sells, apparently, so they got rid of their talented meteorologists. It really is a shame. TWC will never be what it was.

Cheryl Lemke was my favorite meteorologist....she just seemed like someone I would love to meet in real life. Dave Schwartz was the man! He was up there as one of my favorites.
Always loved Dave Schwartz. I think he knew a ton of U.S. counties by memory. At least that was my impression. As storms would move across a certain area, he just seemed to know what counties would be affected. Knowledge that didn't seem to come from the side screens necessarily. I also enjoyed his quirky sense of humor. His story of how he came to work at the Weather Channel as a top personality is interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 10:56 AM

9 posts, read 8,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Always loved Dave Schwartz. I think he knew a ton of U.S. counties by memory. At least that was my impression. As storms would move across a certain area, he just seemed to know what counties would be affected. Knowledge that didn't seem to come from the side screens necessarily. I also enjoyed his quirky sense of humor. His story of how he came to work at the Weather Channel as a top personality is interesting.
That's so true. I loved the old days much better than now. The girls in the morning would do well to wash their hair before they go on air. It's not a fashion show...it's weather. And why they have kept Stephanie Abrams all this time is just beyond me. I didn't like her from the start. They have given up so much real talent and real people for the junk on there now. I can well see why some markets have dropped them. No one wants to see the stuff they have on at night...we want weather forecasts and don't care about fat guys in the woods. Seriously. I'm glad they got Dave Schultz back!! That was one of the good things they've done in years. It's just not the same anymore. I liked it better before they had all the slick graphic and annoying people.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I rarely turn on TWC these days. I loved watching it in the 90s and early 00s, but the quality has gone down considerably in recent years.
Same here. I started watching in the mid 80's when we first got it on our cable network. It was a life time ago. It certainly has gone down...big time.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I remember Jen Carfagno- I used to think she was really hot lol, is she still on there? She'd be the sole reason I watch it....
Oh yeah, she's still there but she was much better before. These days she looks like she just rolled out of bed and doesn't bother to wash or comb her hair...she's dressed to the nines but her hair is just gross. It's a shame. She used to be ok but she's slipped big time. I guess it's a fashion show for her now.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachianwx71 View Post
Marc Mancuso who was let go about a year ago is now working for Accu-Weather in state college, PA

Mike Bono, who was TWC back in the 90's is back home working for Channel 10 In Albany I beleive, not sure, I know it is an albany afflilate

Jodi Saeland was on Fox 13 in Utah and just retired from the business and now a mom at home
I always loved Marc... They were all so good back then. I miss Dennis Smith...he was good. There was a guy name George Elliott back in the 80's who was good too but funny. They all had a sense of humor but they were still very professional and just seemed like great people. Who was the older man on in the mornings...he was always talking about Panama Beach, FL...his name is on the tip of my tongue...great man. I really missed him when he left. Was it Bill Schumer?? I can't believe they dumped Vivian Brown after all these years either. WOW!! That was a shocker. Lots of changed there and not for the better. I used to watch a lot..not so much anymore.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Bill Keneely, as far as I'm concerned, was their best male forecaster. Letting him go was really dumb. Has he turned up anywhere else yet?

The mass firing awhile back really pretty much ruined the weather channel. It's just not the same any more, especially with the non-weather related crap in the morning with "Al." Stephanie Abrams can be annoying at times, as well.

And... Heather Tesch... She used to be great back in the day with Marshal Seese. But lately she has really developed some annoying on-air "habits" with her speech, mannerisms, and actions that drive me bonkers at times.
I totally agree with you. They've dumped all the good people in favor of eye candy I guess. Loved Marshall and Bill too. And Jeff Marrow too. They were all good back then. They can keep Stephanie...the most annoying of them all!! If I put TWC on at all it's after she's off. Can't handle it in the morning at all now.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I'm not a fan of Waking Up With Al either. The only thing I like is the music actually has words to it at that time of the day. I've just started to watch my local weather, which comes on every 10 minutes on our 24 hour news station.

I didn't know Jeanetta was in that accident either until I came across that link. Very sad. I hope she's made a great recovery.

Stanier, yeah, I remember her. She had dark hair and eyes, and she was on during the late night hours, if I'm correct. She seemed nice enough. She was the one who was victimized by Bob Stokes, I think.

Also, here's a link to Kevin Robinson, who is now in Cincinnati: [url]http://www.wlwt.com/wlwtnewsteam/21890367/detail.html[/url] (broken link)
WOW...Bob Stokes...didn't know about that. I do remember Marnie. You wrote this years ago and don't know if you're still on here. i'd like to know what happened.

Anyone know what happened to Jeff Marrow? Loved him too. I remember when they made all the guys shave their mustaches...no more facial hair...the people who made those laws should see Cantori...of course I remember him when he still had hair on his head!! He was brand new when I started watching..the channel was new...

Old 01-16-2016, 03:50 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,755,427 times
Sharon Resultan was also a favorite of mine.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:54 PM

998 posts, read 998,056 times
Dave Schwartz is looking a little tough lately. Gaunt and skinny. Does he have health problems?

Old 01-22-2016, 07:42 PM

9,510 posts, read 16,426,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeoflight View Post
Dave Schwartz is looking a little tough lately. Gaunt and skinny. Does he have health problems?

I was wondering about that also. I hope its nothing serious. I know my dad took on that appearance,
as he developed Pancreatic Cancer and died soon after.

After reading all these comments. TWC sounds like a tough place to work. Getting rid of this one and that one. Vivian Brown was on TWC since its came on the air. I didn't know she was no longer on the channel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather