U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you rather endure?
A cold and snowy winter. 65 61.90%
A hot and humid summer. 40 38.10%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 02:56 PM

4,203 posts, read 5,445,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Yep we are frequently too cold for comfort, 24 hrs a day for 150 days a year. It's a downer when there is no "good" time of day or night.
I'll take that over the 271 days of 80+ degrees and the 147 days of 90+ we had last year. Oh, and some of the highest humidity levels in the country to go along with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 03:44 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,723 posts, read 39,346,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Yes this is a better comparison. Although I prefer cold weather, I would rather be stuck in 80s or 90s than in the -10s and -20s. That's not to say I would enjoy it since I don't tolerate heat very well, but I think it would be easier to "survive" in those conditions.
I was "stuck" outside in the 80s and 90s most days this summer. But I won't say it was stuck. Though some 90 degree days I would be out more in the evening or morning. I would be stuck inside if it was in the single digits fahrenheit let alone -10 and -20. Though most years I don't think -10 and below happens where I live.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:16 PM

2,991 posts, read 5,484,746 times
Cold snowy weather. Easiest poll ever.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:24 PM

9,595 posts, read 22,792,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
I'll take that over the 271 days of 80+ degrees and the 147 days of 90+ we had last year. Oh, and some of the highest humidity levels in the country to go along with it.
And I would take that instead.
I can sleep at 87 F, under covers, in stagnant indoor air above 50% humidity.
Never warm enough, long enough here... even if you only look at our summer weather.

Where is that? South Texas? South Florida?

Old 10-02-2010, 03:39 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,211,869 times
Quote:
And I would take that instead.
I can sleep at 87 F, under covers, in stagnant indoor air above 50% humidity.
Never warm enough, long enough here... even if you only look at our summer weather.

Where is that? South Texas? South Florida?

Damn! Are you serious!! And I though I was warm blooded!! You have me beat!!

You would have loved the Bahamas last Aug! Temps around 32 with dewpoins in the mid 20's! It was one of the few times ever in my life where I was desperate to cool off and anyone that know me knows how much of a challenge it is for me to be comfortably warm, let alone sweating!

Old 10-02-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post

You would have loved the Bahamas last Aug! Temps around 32 with dewpoins in the mid 20's! It was one of the few times ever in my life where I was desperate to cool off and anyone that know me knows how much of a challenge it is for me to be comfortably warm, let alone sweating!
The main thing for me is getting to a mental state where you don't care that you're slighlty-sweaty.
I'm used to sweating more at work in summer, so it felt better than being at work.
If I had to live with that, I would still get good sleep every night,
but would want to wash my bedsheets at least weekly from all the sweat.

Are you American? It's unusual for Americans to use Celcius.
(I know both )

Old 10-02-2010, 04:27 PM

91 posts, read 230,425 times
It is so much that you can do outside on hot days and nights opposed to cold days and nights. Yes I live around Chicago and love it but the summers are what I live for thinking around February!

Old 10-02-2010, 09:36 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,211,869 times
Quote:
The main thing for me is getting to a mental state where you don't care that you're slighlty-sweaty.
I'm used to sweating more at work in summer, so it felt better than being at work.
If I had to live with that, I would still get good sleep every night,
but would want to wash my bedsheets at least weekly from all the sweat.

Are you American? It's unusual for Americans to use Celcius.
(I know both )
Yes I am American. I'm fluent in both F and C so I just used C since you are Canadian.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Yes I am American. I'm fluent in both F and C so I just used C since you are Canadian.
How patronizing of you.
(though I do the same, try to accomodate what I think might be most familiar)

I actually learned F at home, but learned C in school.
Canada is wishy-washy with our metric usage. Not many "metric only" fans here.

Which state?
You can add your location in the top-right if you want. I see you're sort of a new member here.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Does that make me "Hot-Blooded"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or