U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:04 PM

154 posts, read 476,009 times
it's central florida, especially along lightning alley (I-4 between tampa and that other "city" i won't mention). trust me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 08:41 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,858,347 times
Sure didnt like Houston all summer long-but the marqueritas helped

Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 PM

357 posts, read 1,145,882 times
St. Louis in the summer can be downright miserable (weather-wise).

Old 07-06-2007, 09:05 PM

22 posts, read 51,688 times
Give me the Summer heat of Texas, Arkansas, Florida and Iowa anyday over the -10 degree late-January nights here in Ohio. The human body is much better adapted to deal with heat than it is cold.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:12 PM

4,063 posts, read 5,004,436 times
I'd say New Orleans takes the cake.. er, beignet.. in this department.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:13 PM

150 posts, read 369,176 times
beaumont ,TX I remember wakeing up in the morning to 90 degrees and foggy at 5:30 am that hapend more than once, By mid day it was 108 and 95% just miserable.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:21 PM

3,746 posts, read 3,193,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethewest View Post
St. Louis in the summer can be downright miserable (weather-wise).
It can get hot, but compared to Texas, Arizona, or louisiana? No way...there are FAR worse summers than St. Louis, even though it can get hot and humid here. Go to Arkansas or someplace further south and St. Louis seems like a freezer So far this summer actually hasn't been that bad. It was 77 degrees out today. At night-time St. Louis is usually much cooler and tolerable than in the daytime.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:28 PM

3,746 posts, read 3,193,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djphrenzy View Post
Give me the Summer heat of Texas, Arkansas, Florida and Iowa anyday over the -10 degree late-January nights here in Ohio. The human body is much better adapted to deal with heat than it is cold.
Dayton reaches -10 degrees on late January nightsMaybe the windchill does but the temperature? I haven't even seen Minneapolis or Chicago get that cold...-10 degrees is a stretch for Chicago or Cleveland any day of the year at any time. and I monitor weather using wunderground.com everyday. THe windchill probably makes it feel like it's -10 degrees is more my guess. in St. Louis our windchills can get well below freezing but the I've seen the temperature gets is in the single digits. Iowa and St. Louis make up for their humidity and hotness in the summer with cold winters. Iowa makes St. Louis' and Dayton's winters look mild, and the latter two have pretty similar ones (St. Louis and Dayton). Dayton and St. Louis probably experience the same freezing windchills and January in these two places is FREEZING.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:45 PM

20,009 posts, read 20,400,282 times
Quote:
Not this body, give me that cold weather any day over the misery of the heat and humidity in Houston.

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 07-06-2007 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: left out word

Old 07-06-2007, 09:54 PM

154 posts, read 476,009 times
Quote:
not really. i'm originally from tampa and currently live closer to providence. back home, you could only take off so many layers of clothes until you had nothing left to take off, and you'd STILL be hot and uncomfortable. when it's cold, at least you can keep adding layers and layers. i think the human body can adapt to cold better than heat. but i've lived through both, so this is from real personal experience, not just some other person from another northern state wanting to head south just for the "warm weather". it's not as great as it sounds, really!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather