U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-09-2011, 01:13 AM

2,328 posts, read 1,568,746 times
Default Daily sunshine hours history

Hi everyone, does any of you know a website where I could find a precise daily history of sunshine hours for various locations worldwide? Especially for Singapore. It's pretty cloudy right now and I'm really curious how many hours they recorded for the past two weeks. I've tried wunderground but I can't find it !
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 10:20 PM

924 posts, read 1,020,144 times
I never keep track of hours of sunshine. I wonder why haha. But I do keep track of cloudy days.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 PM

20,497 posts, read 21,036,220 times
what about this?
BBC - Weather Centre - World Weather - Average Conditions - Singapore
http://www.climatetemp.info/singapore/

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/
Singapore’s climate is furnished with 2064 hours of sunshine per year. That is an average of 5.65 hours per day. Daily hours of sunshine range from between 4.5 per day in December to 6.4 per day in February.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:03 AM

Actually, I'm not looking for averages but a daily history Or at least monthly : for example, the amount recorded in December 2010 in particular, etc. I can find very easily such daily data for Hong Kong and France but not Singapore!
Thanks anyway!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:11 AM

2,602 posts, read 1,736,086 times
Have you tried the Singaporean meteorological department (or whatever it's called)?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:28 AM

That is a bit difficult: despite Singapore's small size, there may be sunshine on one side while there is rain on the other...

Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 AM

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/reference/mdsdec10.pdf (broken link)
page 1.1
This is your monthly statistic ( the daily history)

Old 01-11-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Have you tried the Singaporean meteorological department (or whatever it's called)?
Haha, yeah, but unlike Hong Kong Observatory which is a gold mine of climatological data of all sorts, Singapore's is pretty empty. I guess they do have the information I need but it seems they won't publish it. I know the data exists because on weatheronline.uk I can find a daily history of sunshine hours, but it's on a graph which is extremely unconvenient to read. I do know it's correct because I compared it with what the cloud cover I experienced in the last few days. But it's unusable because you have like 4 weeks represented on a very small graph with no precise numbers so the data is somewhere but I can't find it

thanks elnina for your link, the monthly values are indeed a good start!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:08 PM

4,025 posts, read 2,779,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
Haha, yeah, but unlike Hong Kong Observatory which is a gold mine of climatological data of all sorts, Singapore's is pretty empty. I guess they do have the information I need but it seems they won't publish it. I know the data exists because on weatheronline.uk I can find a daily history of sunshine hours, but it's on a graph which is extremely unconvenient to read. I do know it's correct because I compared it with what the cloud cover I experienced in the last few days. But it's unusable because you have like 4 weeks represented on a very small graph with no precise numbers so the data is somewhere but I can't find it

thanks elnina for your link, the monthly values are indeed a good start!
You could be worse off - Hanoi's winter stats. for sun are terrible! (there's a thread somewhere on the forum that tlaks about that a bit).

Old 01-11-2011, 01:09 PM

7,039 posts, read 3,610,802 times
Pfff, stuff Hanoi, Buxton, Derbs has had a craptastic 6.9 hours of sun so far this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather