Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,211,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
LOL

I'm a little upset that we're dropping to the upper teens tonight, this is going to damage/kill the new leaves/buds. Smh we'll probably get leaves later than we normally do as opposed to before we normally do.
Good! I don't want to have another early spring. Let's hope this brisk cold sticks around into April.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 07:24 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,443,154 times
5°F tonight and 2°F tomorrow night. Might be the last really cold nights of the season. I see 40s soon and above freezing nights for the weekend. Might melt a lot of the snow.

I'm impressed the snow absorbed 1.7" of rain last week and stayed snow. More rain coming this weekend. A slow melt might be a good thing. There's at least 3" of water sitting on the ground.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:28 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,320,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Good! I don't want to have another early spring. Let's hope this brisk cold sticks around into April.
Lol

I have no problem with NW Jersey staying below zero till April as long as it doesn't effect us 60-70 miles southeast, I want to see some 80 degree readings soon lol.

I really hope the leaves don't get damaged too bad, they have to be at least somewhat hardy, certain species of palm trees leaves are unaffected by temperatures like tonight's low. Still holding out hope, can't take the lifeless landscape anymore lol.

I'll post a poor pic I got today.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Lol

I have no problem with NW Jersey staying below zero till April as long as it doesn't effect us 60-70 miles southeast, I want to see some 80 degree readings soon lol.
I really hope the leaves don't get damaged too bad, they have to be at least somewhat hardy, certain species of palm trees leaves are unaffected by temperatures like tonight's low. Still holding out hope, can't take the lifeless landscape anymore lol.
80 F sounds really hot. I'm not even close to being mentally and physically ready for such a warm temperatures.

I love these brisk late winter/early spring days with highs around 40 F. Cold and refreshing. Tomorrow might not get out of the 20s. Good day for a walk.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
5°F tonight and 2°F tomorrow night. Might be the last really cold nights of the season. I see 40s soon and above freezing nights for the weekend. Might melt a lot of the snow.

I'm impressed the snow absorbed 1.7" of rain last week and stayed snow. More rain coming this weekend. A slow melt might be a good thing. There's at least 3" of water sitting on the ground.
Wow that is cold, our original low for tonight was 21 but now it's in the teens. Tomorrow's low was also lowered but "only" to 25. The highest low in the forecast I see is 45 which is our average high right now.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:40 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,443,154 times
Quote:
Wow that is cold, our original low for tonight was 21 but now it's in the teens. Tomorrow's low was also lowered but "only" to 25. The highest low in the forecast I see is 45 which is our average high right now.
It's very windy out. If the wind keeps up I wonder if it will get that low. Right now 24°F. There's a decent amount of liquid meltwater this afternoon.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
80 F sounds really hot. I'm not even close to being mentally and physically ready for such a warm temperatures.

I love these brisk late winter/early spring days with highs around 40 F. Cold and refreshing. Tomorrow might not get out of the 20s. Good day for a walk.
Lol that's our average high in the dead of Winter. I don't mind these 50's we've been getting lately, they feel great compared to that Siberian Winter we just endured.

I have to agree that 80 would be hot when we're literally just coming out of Winter, I remember one March day it was 65 degrees and I thought it was 80-something because it truly felt like it, I actually sweated a little.

Spring is my second favorite season, I love the gradual warm up even though sometimes it takes too slow imo.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
It's very windy out. If the wind keeps up I wonder if it will get that low. Right now 24°F. There's a decent amount of liquid meltwater this afternoon.
Yeah it has been pretty breezy today. Currently 27 F. Forecasted low is 14 F. Still a cold north wind, even if it doesn't get as low as expected.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
That probably explains why the forecast was changed yet again (calling for 20 degrees now as opposed to 16), we're sitting at 34.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Lol that's our average high in the dead of Winter. I don't mind these 50's we've been getting lately, they feel great compared to that Siberian Winter we just endured.
The coldest average high here is 34 F. On paper there isn't a huge difference in daytime temperatures, but in reality, it is noticeably colder across Northern New Jersey than it is in NYC. Monday was in the low 50s which felt mild, but pleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92
I have to agree that 80 would be hot when we're literally just coming out of Winter, I remember one March day it was 65 degrees and I thought it was 80-something because it truly felt like it, I actually sweated a little.

Spring is my second favorite season, I love the gradual warm up even though sometimes it takes too slow imo.
A couple weeks ago when it reached the mid-60s we had the windows open. I was ready to break out the shorts lol.

Last average daytime high below freezing is February 24th. I wonder what the latest date on record is.

Edit: April 7, 1982. High was 30 F. http://threadex.rcc-acis.org/threadex/process_records
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather