U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Rate This Climate: Miami, FL
A 21 20.39%
B 27 26.21%
C 17 16.50%
D 10 9.71%
F 28 27.18%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:48 AM

29,910 posts, read 5,542,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
So much about these rate the climates is personal: Some people want sunshine, some love cloudy skies…some want heat, some cold…etc.

For me personally, as a solar powered/heat powered human (lol) who would never last in cloudy (Seattle, London…etc) or very cold (North Dakota, Minnesota..etc) climates, it doesn’t get much better than Miami/South Florida: All the sunshine you could ever want, warm/hot much 12 months a year (but not true heat above 90/F 32 C ), beach weather 12 months a year, no frosts, few nights even below 50 F (maybe 10-15 a year), green 12 months a year (even in the dry season), outdoor activity (boat shows/music venues/fairs/sidewalk cafes…etc 12 months a year.

People always need to spin sunny hot climates as having a down side, with Miami it’s supposed to be humidity: However, I agree with Optional Angle about summers, with temps in the 80’s and always windy, the humidity (which is way overblown anyway) from June through Sept is mitigated a great deal. I’m in Miami/SF very often in all seasons - you can do anything outside in Miami 12 months a year 7 days a week. Why fight cold/cloud/snow/wind/gloom…etc – life is too short. I would rather be on perpetual “Island time” (lol).

A +
Lol, temps in the 80s in summer in Miami? Did you go to Miami, OH by accident?

And the sea breeze is way overblown by people. It's not that refreshing. It feels like a giant fart is blowing around. What good is a breeze if it's 92 degrees with 59% humidity?

I rate Miami's climate an F.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:53 AM

861 posts, read 797,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
There was recorded snow in Tampa just several months ago on December 28, recorded between 1AM and 5 AM. History : Weather Underground

Jacksonville also recorded snow last December 26, and in Pensacola in early December of 2010.

Snow fell in many areas of Florida in early 2010, recorded all the way down to Kendall (near Miami). There was also snow in Florida recorded in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 and twice in 2008.

But the 1990s only saw three cases of snow in Florida, while the 2010s so far has seen 8 snow events, with 7 of them being in 2010.

So snow in Florida is far more frequent than you're actually saying.
I'm aware many areas in Florida recorded "snow" in 2010, but how often do places south of Orlando get snow, and how many times has snow actually accumulated? I can only remember one time in the last 50 years, 1977, where even parts of Deep South Florida saw traces of snow. Tallahassee or Gainesville may get snow every 3 or 4 years, but it normally does not accumulate and is certainly not common.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:18 PM

3,737 posts, read 3,322,854 times
Perpetual island time..... I would happily stay in Western Washington if I lived on perpetual island time up in the San Juans. Ideally Orcas Island. Perpetual island time..... what a great idea!

Old 04-30-2011, 02:34 PM

504 posts, read 488,861 times
C. The coolest 6 months look very nice, But I wouldn't like the summer. Too sunny for such a warm climate. The thunderstorms would be good though.

I only like tropical weather as a tourist. Working outside in such conditions isn't for me.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:21 PM

4,860 posts, read 5,225,627 times
I rate this weather/climate an A-!

I like most of its monthly temperature, its monthly/yearly precipitation, and its monthly/yearly sunshine.

The only things that prevent it from getting an A+ is I would like slightly more temperature variety in the year such as from December to February there(such as spring/fall average temperatures then), and if Miami didn't have a hurricane/tropical storm risk.

Its too bad outside of weather/climate Miami doesn't seem to be as great as the best cities in the USA with many things. If it was, I definitely would consider living in Miami or even have it as one of the top choices.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:25 PM

1,507 posts, read 982,713 times
C-, too much heat. Summers similar to SE Queensland but hotter (90 certainly doesn't feel like 80 there, as the OP suggested about Miami!). Winters mild and short shoulder seasons.
Good place to spend a late autumn, winter and early spring, but then run to the hills once the heat sets in.

Last edited by Derek40; 04-30-2011 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: extra

Old 04-30-2011, 05:30 PM

2,615 posts, read 1,837,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional Angel View Post
...I've never been a fan of cold weather. The summers can get a bit humid, but the temperatures rarely get over 90 because of all the thunderstorms, and it tends to be very windy in the summer, so 90 really feels like 80..
No wonder you don't like cold if 90 in Miami in summer feels like 80!! The humidity is so bad and the dew points so high, rain is the only source of a break. I get it rains alot, but if it isn't raining, your clothes get just as wet due to the humidity factor. Plus Hurricane bullseye, I rated it an F.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:42 AM

6,017 posts, read 3,054,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Actually, I do know very much what I'm talking about. I have been to Brazil before (Rio and Fortaleza) and loved the weather in both cities. I went during the summer time I was so happy when the sun was shining and I was feeling hot and sweaty.

I've also been to Mexico and Hong Kong/Southern China in the summer too and I loved the feeling of 35C with 90% humidity. It was such an amazing feeling.. Maybe some people thought it was disgusting. They never told me but even if they did, I wouldn't care.

I just wish I could feel this kind of sensation here as it's so awesome but I know it is almost impossible for this kind of temperature and humidity to happen here.
What is keeping you in Vancouver? You seem really enamored of hot climates, and not very pleased with your current climate situation. You should consider moving elsewhere.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:48 AM

3,749 posts, read 2,965,151 times
I don't have to look at the data to give it an F.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:53 AM

780 posts, read 848,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j96g View Post
No wonder you don't like cold if 90 in Miami in summer feels like 80!! The humidity is so bad and the dew points so high, rain is the only source of a break. I get it rains alot, but if it isn't raining, your clothes get just as wet due to the humidity factor. Plus Hurricane bullseye, I rated it an F.
What? Have you ever been here? How do you clothes get wet because of the humidity alone? Is that even possible lol? It might make your hair take longer to dry after a shower, but I don't know any place in the world where your clothes are dripping wet just from stepping outside. LOL. You better stay in your cold ass semi-arid Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather