Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate This Climate: Miami, FL
A 21 20.39%
B 27 26.21%
C 17 16.50%
D 10 9.71%
F 28 27.18%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:17 PM

678 posts, read 1,204,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Totally agree with this.. I love to sweat and feel hot .
Man, you don't know what you're talking. That's really horrible and disgusting. People stay away from you and you feel shamefully. Remember I'm from Brazil, so I'm kind of an authority when the point is "to sweat".

I think I'll give and B, because it's too hot at summer. But if it was Orlando or Jacksonville, I'd give an AAAAAAA. Those cities even get snow and are located on Florida. That's crazy

Old 04-29-2011, 10:57 PM

1,440 posts, read 2,539,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
Man, you don't know what you're talking. That's really horrible and disgusting. People stay away from you and you feel shamefully. Remember I'm from Brazil, so I'm kind of an authority when the point is "to sweat".

I think I'll give and B, because it's too hot at summer. But if it was Orlando or Jacksonville, I'd give an AAAAAAA. Those cities even get snow and are located on Florida. That's crazy
Orlando almost never gets snow (maybe once in 50 to 100 years), Coconut Palms grow there (albeit marginally). Jacksonville doesn't get snow very often either...maybe once in a decade (probably not on the coast). I think you would be hard pressed to find anywhere in Florida where it snows every winter, and if it does it doesn't accumulate to much.
I'd rather be sweating then freezing . Most of the Deep South U.S. gets just as hot and humid as you in the summer. I know Houston gets just as hot and humid as Amazonia in summer, we average about 100 days above 90F.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:30 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,692,113 times
Quote:

Actually, I do know very much what I'm talking about. I have been to Brazil before (Rio and Fortaleza) and loved the weather in both cities. I went during the summer time I was so happy when the sun was shining and I was feeling hot and sweaty.

I've also been to Mexico and Hong Kong/Southern China in the summer too and I loved the feeling of 35C with 90% humidity. It was such an amazing feeling.. Maybe some people thought it was disgusting. They never told me but even if they did, I wouldn't care.

I just wish I could feel this kind of sensation here as it's so awesome but I know it is almost impossible for this kind of temperature and humidity to happen here.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:25 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,359,673 times
So much about these rate the climates is personal: Some people want sunshine, some love cloudy skies…some want heat, some cold…etc.

For me personally, as a solar powered/heat powered human (lol) who would never last in cloudy (Seattle, London…etc) or very cold (North Dakota, Minnesota..etc) climates, it doesn’t get much better than Miami/South Florida: All the sunshine you could ever want, warm/hot much 12 months a year (but not true heat above 90/F 32 C ), beach weather 12 months a year, no frosts, few nights even below 50 F (maybe 10-15 a year), green 12 months a year (even in the dry season), outdoor activity (boat shows/music venues/fairs/sidewalk cafes…etc 12 months a year.

People always need to spin sunny hot climates as having a down side, with Miami it’s supposed to be humidity: However, I agree with Optional Angle about summers, with temps in the 80’s and always windy, the humidity (which is way overblown anyway) from June through Sept is mitigated a great deal. I’m in Miami/SF very often in all seasons - you can do anything outside in Miami 12 months a year 7 days a week. Why fight cold/cloud/snow/wind/gloom…etc – life is too short. I would rather be on perpetual “Island time” (lol).

A +

Old 04-30-2011, 07:55 AM

650 posts, read 1,629,150 times
I give it an A.

Perfect tropical weather.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:31 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagi View Post
Orlando almost never gets snow (maybe once in 50 to 100 years), Coconut Palms grow there (albeit marginally). Jacksonville doesn't get snow very often either...maybe once in a decade (probably not on the coast). I think you would be hard pressed to find anywhere in Florida where it snows every winter, and if it does it doesn't accumulate to much.
I'd rather be sweating then freezing . Most of the Deep South U.S. gets just as hot and humid as you in the summer. I know Houston gets just as hot and humid as Amazonia in summer, we average about 100 days above 90F.
There was recorded snow in Tampa just several months ago on December 28, recorded between 1AM and 5 AM. History : Weather Underground

Jacksonville also recorded snow last December 26, and in Pensacola in early December of 2010.

Snow fell in many areas of Florida in early 2010, recorded all the way down to Kendall (near Miami). There was also snow in Florida recorded in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 and twice in 2008.

But the 1990s only saw three cases of snow in Florida, while the 2010s so far has seen 8 snow events, with 7 of them being in 2010.

So snow in Florida is far more frequent than you're actually saying.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:44 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,154,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
So much about these rate the climates is personal: Some people want sunshine, some love cloudy skies…some want heat, some cold…etc.

For me personally, as a solar powered/heat powered human (lol) who would never last in cloudy (Seattle, London…etc) or very cold (North Dakota, Minnesota..etc) climates, it doesn’t get much better than Miami/South Florida: All the sunshine you could ever want, warm/hot much 12 months a year (but not true heat above 90/F 32 C ), beach weather 12 months a year, no frosts, few nights even below 50 F (maybe 10-15 a year), green 12 months a year (even in the dry season), outdoor activity (boat shows/music venues/fairs/sidewalk cafes…etc 12 months a year.

People always need to spin sunny hot climates as having a down side, with Miami it’s supposed to be humidity: However, I agree with Optional Angle about summers, with temps in the 80’s and always windy, the humidity (which is way overblown anyway) from June through Sept is mitigated a great deal. I’m in Miami/SF very often in all seasons - you can do anything outside in Miami 12 months a year 7 days a week. Why fight cold/cloud/snow/wind/gloom…etc – life is too short. I would rather be on perpetual “Island time” (lol).

A +

Another wavehunter spin toward sun....hahaha. . Humidity doesn't matter??? To who????? Florida in summer is unbearable ..who are you all kidding?

Old 04-30-2011, 08:50 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
F from me, way too hot, not enough variation in temps, overall just plain boring! I get a kick out of it when people say things about being outside during the heat of the day, doings things tourists do, etc. amusing, just plain amusing.

People gripe about cooler climes, being indoors all the time, yet many warm places, people stay inside during the extreme heat/humidity!

Again, based on what you prefer, and being a midwest person, I love 4 seasons, real 4 seasons. I've traveled the world, almost all 50 states, if I want warm weather I can travel, but would not live in it.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:10 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post

A +
Lol and you're doing the opposite. You're spinning in favor of hot and sunny climates.

It's fine to be outdoors in Florida if you're near a beach or pool, but for those who have little tolerance for heat and humidity and for those who work outside, Florida's summers are brutal.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:22 AM

769 posts, read 1,730,065 times
Quote:

You think Miami is too hot in summer? Orlando is an oven!! While Miami only has highs over 90 for 63 days out of the year, Orlando has them for 105. Orlando has no ocean to moderate it and very little sea breeze. It has slightly cooler winters due to the slightly more inland location and occasional cold fronts that never reach Miami , but do pass over Orlando. Orlando is pretty miserable climate-wise, imo. If you like Orlando because it "has snow", you're in for a rude awakening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather