Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:09 AM

25,892 posts, read 24,599,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
I didn't include any British city. I included some cities in Scotland and Ireland and that was for the "coldest summers in the world." Also their winter, spring,and fall is still kind of cold. So in that way it makes perfect sense.

Wow so you agree with like 13 out of 16 of the cities I listed but yeah go ahead and focus on the very exceptions you dont agree with.
Scotland is part of Great Britain...
And when you look at the climate tables on Wiki, with an average high of 20°C one can't call summers in Dublin cold.
Compare that to Düsseldorf, Germany, where the average summer high is 22°C, whereas the average winter high is only 4° - vs 8° in Dublin. And yet, Düsseldorf is considered one of the warmest cities in all of Germany.
Here is a map of the hardiness zones of Europe:
http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pb...uropeHZMap.jpg
As you can see Glasgow and Edinburgh are in the same zone as Paris, Dublin even in the same zone as Barcelona.

I don't know some of the other cities you mentioned, so I can't comment on them. But the three Irish/British cities you mentioned did indeed strike me...

Last edited by Neuling; 05-26-2011 at 10:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 10:59 PM

92 posts, read 248,690 times
In the United States it would have to be Minneapolis.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:49 PM

3,295 posts, read 6,993,798 times
Winnipeg is said to be the coldest major city in the world according to some.

"According to Environment Canada, Winnipeg is the coldest city in the world with a population of over 600,000 based on the average night-time temperature during December, January and February, inclusive." (from the Wikipedia page).

Old 05-28-2011, 04:05 PM

221 posts, read 655,085 times
Quote:
I didn't include any British city. I included some cities in Scotland and Ireland and that was for the "coldest summers in the world." Also their winter, spring,and fall is still kind of cold. So in that way it makes perfect sense.

Wow so you agree with like 13 out of 16 of the cities I listed but yeah go ahead and focus on the very exceptions you dont agree with.
Scotland is British. If you included any Northern Irish cities such as Belfast thats British as well.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:40 PM

5,052 posts, read 13,875,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanishGuy View Post
Scotland is British. If you included any Northern Irish cities such as Belfast thats British as well.
Nope. Scotland is technically a different region from England.
That is also true with northern Ireland.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:52 PM

25,892 posts, read 24,599,471 times
Nobody said England = Britain, England is just a part of Britain, just the way Scotland or Wales is... But again, nobody said anything about England as far as I know.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:43 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,601,928 times
Quote:
Nope. Scotland is technically a different region from England.
That is also true with northern Ireland.
Oh FFS Scotland is a NATION not a region and is part of Britain, anywhere there is a British city as well as a Scottish one! England has nothing to do with it! Really, how clueless and irritating can you get?!

Old 05-30-2011, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Oh FFS Scotland is a NATION not a region and is part of Britain, anywhere there is a British city as well as a Scottish one! England has nothing to do with it! Really, how clueless and irritating can you get?!
What an ignorant and rude thing for you to say.

I already knew that Scotland is a nation and that it is a different region from England but a part of Britain/UK. That is what I was telling somebody else that thought Scotland is the same region as England.

Also, England has completely everything related to it when talking about how Scotland is a nation but part of Britain/UK but a different region from England.

I think you are just jealous I am much more worldly and globally conscious than you so it makes you write very rude posts to me.

Last edited by *******; 05-30-2011 at 03:09 AM..

Old 05-30-2011, 02:50 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,601,928 times
Quote:
What an ignorant and rude thing for you to say.

I already knew that Scotland is a nation and that it is a different region from England. That is what I was telling somebody else that though Scotland is the same region as England.

I think you are just jealous I am much more world and globally conscious than you so it makes you write very rude posts to me.
Again, Scotland is not a f'ing region!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 05-30-2011 at 03:13 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Again, Scotland is not a f'ing region!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .
You do not know the definition of the word "region" do you?

Yes, Scotland is a different region from England. It has distinguishable differences from England, Ireland, and Wales. Scotland is a nation but a part of Great Britain but has distinguishable differences from England.

You are being so rude and ignorant it is disgusting.

You are just jealous I am more intelligent, worldly, and globally conscious than you are, so it makes you write those nasty rude posts that I have reported to the city-data moderators. This is the third or 4th time you have been on the world forum and writing rude and harassment posts to me and it has to stop.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 05-30-2011 at 03:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather