U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 04:16 PM

2,615 posts, read 1,836,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Why can't there be even more types that love sunshine but also clouds/rain at the same time like me!

Sometimes it seems like someone like only sunshine and no clouds/rain and then others that like clouds/rain and no sunshine.

It makes no sense why you do not like sunshine. I understand if you like cloudy/rainy weather but really, no sunshine?
It's really all relative. I came from South Texas where it was hot and humid 5 months out of the year and the sun was just a nuisance. It burned you, it was hot and made you sweat, people would park under trees and shade because it heated up your car so fast. Clouds and rain were the only relief. What I liked more than rain was the dark clouds with that refreshing wind that felt "cool". That way you could be outdoors and rain wouldn't hamper your plans or day.

My point it who really wants constant sun on hot days or rain on cold days. Most people would probably want the opposite. So in places where it's hotter longer, those people might like rain. And vice versa. I know that now that I've moved to Colorado, the sun and I have become good friends. Though with summer approaching, I'd still like more cloud cover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 09:14 AM

10,734 posts, read 5,989,159 times
I prefer cloudy weather, even during the winter when the sun isn't much of an issue as far as comfort is concerned. Some sunny days are okay, but not too many.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:06 AM

13,644 posts, read 8,114,356 times
yikes. already have a heat index of 110, and it's only noon.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:11 PM

6,016 posts, read 3,049,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Today it is 46 degrees farnite in Buxton Derbyshire. If you hate heat come over here and get your relief.

That is probably over 10F below normal I would think, assuming that is the low min for the day. That is pretty impressive for a more stable climate like you have. Seems that temps are to warm up according to the Met Office. They are calling for a prolonged drought over France this summer and that could impact Britain.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:24 PM

28,590 posts, read 14,779,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I would much rather deal with Seattle's cool and cloudy weather rather than the hot and humid weather here back east. I'll take 60 F over 90 F anyday. Perfect for outdoor activities.

I'll be spending the afternoon in a nice air conditioned movie theater.
Below 60F and pouring rain is not good for outdoor activities. In fact it can be a recipe for hypothermia.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:40 PM

10,734 posts, read 5,989,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Below 60F and pouring rain is not good for outdoor activities. In fact it can be a recipe for hypothermia.
I was referring to 60 F under dry conditions.

But since you bring it up, I easily stay warm and dry with a good jacket and waterproof boots whenever I find myself outside on a rainy day. Even when dressed properly, hot days can still be miserable and potentially dangerous.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:26 PM

8,928 posts, read 7,262,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I don't believe it often "pours" rain in Seattle. Regardless, I used to bike to work year round and was always most comfortable when it was 40-55 and drizzly outside. Anything warmer than 55-60 and I would get warmer than I prefer for riding. Actually I was in Seattle in November and did a ton of walking in what they call "rain" (I call drizzle) and it was in the 40s most of the time. I was actually sweating more often than not when walking around in that weather.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:11 PM

4,859 posts, read 5,219,972 times
I had such a great day in New York City today with it being around 85 degrees, sunny without a cloud in the sky, going to the beach, going into the ocean and swimming there, getting a tan and wearing comfortable clothing with it still feeling warm. There were plenty of other people in the water too.

It was hotter in Philadelphia, Washington DC and places in the South but I am sure it was just as enjoyable for those places too!

Old 06-07-2011, 09:31 PM

26,248 posts, read 14,284,596 times
Dont forget to watch your pets! Dont leave them in a vehicle!!!! and remember the pavement/concrete gets HOT, their paws can burn or dry.

Heres the forecast for next 2 days for Miami, Florida and Hartford, CT

Old 06-08-2011, 12:29 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,331,736 times
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/metfan4life/Temps61.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather