Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 09:29 PM

62 posts, read 144,931 times

Advertisements

This deserves it's own thread, something is clearly off, I've (unfortunately) lived here my entire life, this isn't natural? Is it global cooling? Is it HAARP spraying chemicals in the air that attract the mosture in the air to create rain as water is worth so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 06:11 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Be careful what you ask for, keep in mind that much of the country is complaining about the heat. I miss our usual 2 months of summer too, but prefer this 60s over 100+ weather.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:20 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
It's unfortunate that scientists chose to label the global climatic change phenomenon we've been witnessing over the past 30 years as "global warming." It also doesn't help that they changed their mind in the 70s to "global cooling."

In the end, scientists are starting to understand more how the environment changes affect worldwide climates. One theory postulates that as temperatures in the north arctic regions warm, cooler water will result from the ice melt, resulting in much cooler summers. Contrast that with warming in the equator and nearby, where it will get hotter and dryer and regions which used to be temperate will become tropical. I think we've seen ample evidence of this to date.

And HAARP? LMFAO! This explains a lot about you if you believe such things, miserable.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,560,539 times
I don't think one or two unusually cold and wet years in Seattle is enough to blame on climate change due to human activity. At the same time, its foolish to assume that 150 years of fossil fuel based industrialization and population explosion won't affect the climate.

We can discuss HAARP as soon as I get my tin foil hat ready.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 AM

287 posts, read 738,648 times
HAARP? An ingorant fool who are gulliable will believe in that. You need to learn how clouds form in sky, water vapor from jet engines form into ice crystallized plume, also, pressure temperature, and altitude are the factors. Go to school please.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:18 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,670,383 times
Sometimes the weather does weird stuff. No specific causes, just a coincidental occurance of several factors at the same time. If we have similar weather a few more times over the next decade than I'd see cause for investigation, but until then it is too early to know.

People in the east and south USA are burning their butts off right now, ask them about global cooling.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:40 PM

579 posts, read 1,209,760 times
I think the better term is global climate "change" and what will happen is extreme versions of what is already natural. So if you are in a rainy climate, it will be even wetter. Live in the dry, hot desert, expect it to be even drier and hottter than normal. We've seen it with the tornados this year in the midwest and south, the huricanes last year and the ones to come this year........the nor'easters that blow thrugh New England. Everything will just be ramped up a notch or two.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:19 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times
Climate change is the catch phrase fed by the industries like big oil. Global warming as a term gets a negative reaction from people's emotions. Cimate change doesn't. Compare a globe from the 80's to one today and you'll see excess heat. Once those ice caps are gone, things will get a lot more funky.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:00 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,550,880 times
I favor the term climate "change" myself, but that doesn't mean I doubt human caused factors. From my nughead perspective, the weather is looking a lot like it did when I was a kid; at least in many parts. I'm in the Czech Republic for the summer and the middle aged people here say the same thing. The weather is a lot like how it was in the late 60s, early 70s.

All that said, I prefer to err on the side of caution. So let's just say that there really is no man-caused global change. What happens? Maybe we incurred some costs we didn't need to in going "green", maybe we took a little financial hit. Now examine what happens if the people who insist it's not man caused are wrong; were screwed. And that's the moral to the story. How in the hell can people be SO CERTAIN man is not behind the change that they would be willing to take even a minuscule chance with the only place we can inhabit?

Old 07-18-2011, 05:13 PM

62 posts, read 144,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Or3g0n View Post
HAARP? An ingorant fool who are gulliable will believe in that. You need to learn how clouds form in sky, water vapor from jet engines form into ice crystallized plume, also, pressure temperature, and altitude are the factors. Go to school please.
Says the guy who types his user name like a hoodrat.

I've seen chemtrails create a complete overcast sky, contrails disapear in seconds. If you don't believe in chemtrails you're ignorant. watch the sky as they're spraying, see what happens in real time, it's real cute that they always do that x pattern too.

You're just mad because you've been owned so many times and you're still trying to so hard to convince yourself you don't live in a wasteland that no one but liberal yuppies and hipsters would want to live.

Ignore his music and captions, just watch, that **** is not natural.

‪ChemTrails Real time sept-02-2010‬‏ - YouTube

Last edited by ElkHunter; 07-19-2011 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: Let the word filter work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather