U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2007, 09:43 AM

3,927 posts, read 7,724,269 times

Advertisements

As the days drag along during this excessive heat wave that is hitting most off the South and Eastern part of the nation, I keep hearing reports to stay indoors if you have respitory problems.

I have severe allergies and can understand why they advise caution, unless I am out and about by the pool, I cannot breathe very well in this type of heat. The hotter it gets, the more problems I have.

Which makes me wonder, where in the US is a good place for people with respitory problems to reside? Is one area much better than another or just some seasons?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 12:06 PM

7,099 posts, read 23,885,607 times
So much depends on what causes the respiritory problems. Allergies keep developing as the person ages. They move to another area, and soon they are allergic to something there also.

The best place to live, is indoors with filtered, air conditioned air in a house that is well cleaned to keep down things like dust mites and feathers.

I can't handle breathing hot air either. There just doesn't seem to be enough oxygen in it. Hot humid air is unbearable. I can't handle cold air well either, but it's better than Hot and Humid!

Old 08-11-2007, 08:01 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,724,269 times
Lol, I know exactly what you mean. Everyone says that I keep this house like a meat locker, and, yup, I do! It is better to breathe than to have it hot, then my nose swells on the inside and I have to use my nasal spray, yuk.

I also use a cool mist humidifier which does help as I do take allergy medications that dry me out. sigh.

Dust....oh, people think I am nuts, but I have to get the dust gone because it does make a huge difference. The air smells dirty with dust, and so much cleaner when it is gone.

My dh works in the dirt and mud all day so you can imagine what I face when he comes in covered from head to toe. In the summer, I make him wash off with the water hose before he takes his clothes off.

IT does make a difference not only to me and the house, but to my washing machine as well. I go thru a lot of them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or