U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Christchurch
A 10 16.67%
B 16 26.67%
C 16 26.67%
D 12 20.00%
F 6 10.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 03:11 AM

2,688 posts, read 3,877,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Welcome back Chester! Enjoy Southeast Asia Lucky guy...
Looking forward to it! Less than four weeks now! But looking up some of the climates I'll be visiting scares me -- the heat and humidity in Bangkok, Chennai, etc. looks pretty fierce, well beyond anything I've experienced in Australia or Pacific Islands. Will be a shock to the system for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarm 6 View Post
SE Asia! Visit Indonesia!
I will! Bandung looks like a fantastic climate (mild temps, sunny and over 200 thunder days per year!). Will probably also check out the rest of Java and maybe also Bali and Lombok. Indonesia really seems to be the only truly sunny place in Asia during June to August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 02:49 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,807,230 times
What the hell - I happened to check in here out of curiosity tonight and still see a few regulars. I certainly did not have the presence that Chester had (in terms of # of posts), but my profile is over 6 years old.

Update: been living in Brisbane now for around 4 years, after 3 1/2 in Sydney. Best move we ever made, and not just from the climatic point of view.

I am now in my fifth Brisbane autumn - this one has been exceptionally warm with many days still in the high 20s (maximums). The only semblance of changing seasons is more around the cooler evenings. The current forecast shows that there is still a lot of heat around, even though we are a month out from winter:

Brisbane Forecast

Anyway, take care all :-)

Old 05-07-2016, 03:34 AM

Location: Depok, West Java (Jakarta area) / Bandung / Pekanbaru, Indonesia
4,603 posts, read 2,546,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Looking forward to it! Less than four weeks now! But looking up some of the climates I'll be visiting scares me -- the heat and humidity in Bangkok, Chennai, etc. looks pretty fierce, well beyond anything I've experienced in Australia or Pacific Islands. Will be a shock to the system for sure

I will! Bandung looks like a fantastic climate (mild temps, sunny and over 200 thunder days per year!). Will probably also check out the rest of Java and maybe also Bali and Lombok. Indonesia really seems to be the only truly sunny place in Asia during June to August.
Flores which is in East Nusa Tenggara actually has steppe and also one of Indonesia's sunniest places

Old 05-07-2016, 06:49 PM

10,114 posts, read 7,439,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGreen View Post
What the hell - I happened to check in here out of curiosity tonight and still see a few regulars. I certainly did not have the presence that Chester had (in terms of # of posts), but my profile is over 6 years old.

Update: been living in Brisbane now for around 4 years, after 3 1/2 in Sydney. Best move we ever made, and not just from the climatic point of view.

I am now in my fifth Brisbane autumn - this one has been exceptionally warm with many days still in the high 20s (maximums). The only semblance of changing seasons is more around the cooler evenings. The current forecast shows that there is still a lot of heat around, even though we are a month out from winter:

Brisbane Forecast

Anyway, take care all :-)
To be fair, Sydney has been unseasonably warm too in the past weeks (albeit, also with cool nights). The temps are still rather lukewarm this week.

Sydney Forecast

Old Today, 10:41 AM

1,954 posts, read 1,016,644 times
I feel that after today Christchurch needs some love. I give it an A+.

Old Today, 11:08 AM

10,052 posts, read 11,503,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
I feel that after today Christchurch needs some love. I give it an A+.
Totally agree with you there. A+ for Christchurch

Lots of great palms can grow there like CIDPs.

Old Today, 12:49 PM

591 posts, read 99,388 times
A+ again.

Well, on a serious note it's a C. Summers are too weak.

Old Today, 03:31 PM
tij

161 posts, read 23,916 times
A+ for Christchurch today! In reality, though, it's still likely an A-! I really like the more even sunshine totals here compared to NW Europe and the Pacific NW, which can be gloomier than my taste during the winter. It could use a bit more rain, and perhaps slighly warmer highs in summer and chillier in winter, although the föhn winds could promote some additional summer warm spells I'd imagine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashburton,_New_Zealand would be an A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or