U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-25-2007, 11:32 AM

458 posts, read 439,112 times
Default Cold summer forces earliest French wine harvest on record

Cold summer forces earliest French wine harvest on record - Independent Online Edition > Europe

Interesting... What happened to Al Gore's "The planet has a fever" idea?

London has also had a cool summer, despite predictions that it would be very hot:

Summer Heatwave Set To Hit UK |Sky News|UK News (http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1259741,00.html - broken link)

Met Office: UK: latest July Cooler than normal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 12:11 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,566,352 times
Dude --- get a grip on your brain! Can you not think of ANYTHING other than anecdotes to support your hatred of science?

Stop. Provide meaningful information without politicizing it. Are you capable of that?

Old 08-29-2007, 12:21 PM

Dude --- get a grip on your brain! Can you not think of ANYTHING other than anecdotes to support your hatred of science?

I embrace science, you are way off. I am pointing out inaccurate climate forecasting.

The statement was made:

"experts predicting soaring temperatures for June, July and August"

The reality:

July 2007

Mean temperatures generally close to or slightly below average. Maximum temperatures generally below average and around 2 C

If we can't trust forecasts 2 or 3 months out, how can we trust predictions 10 years out?

Stop. Provide meaningful information without politicizing it. Are you capable of that?

Al Gore is a private citizen, unless you know something I don't know. So how is mentioning Al Gore politicizing something? Unless you believe Al Gore is into this GW thing for political purposes, then maybe people like Hansen are also doing what they are doing for political reasons, not just science?

Old 08-29-2007, 01:28 PM

If you can show me posts you've made that reference Republicans with the incessant negativity that you place on Al Gore and the vast majority of scientists who support global warming theory, then I'll give some thought to your claim of innocence about the politics of this thread. Otherwise, it looks like just another cloned post that I see on many forums, the same old "bash Al Gore" theme. I'm not fond of the guy either. He has nothing to do with weather. He's just a guy who happens to be a Democrat who made a documentary about global warming.

Out.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:01 PM

Outside of poking a little fun at Gore's the earth has a fever comment, I have not been knocking him at all. He has been consistent in working on environmental issues over most of his career and I think he is at least somewhat sincere in his concern over GW.

I also think that when he got cheated out of the presidency, he sought out a new purpose in life which turned out to be fighting GW. And just as important as fighting GW is etching out his legacy as the leader in stopping it and saving the planet. In that way he is very self serving and annoying. And that has nothing to do with is political affiliation. The fact that he had to be called out on his home being far less environmentally conscious then you would expect from someone like him is very telling about what he really cares about. He needs GW a lot more than GW needs him.

As far as the whole right/left thing, I believe we have the worst president ever to occupy the white house and the decision to invade Iraq was the biggest blunder ever by an American President.

I think politicians are pretty screwed up across the board, from Slick Willy to that creepy Craig dude in Idaho.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
Outside of poking a little fun at Gore's the earth has a fever comment, I have not been knocking him at all.
My apologies, then. I've probably been confusing your posts with those of others about global warming. That's what I get for PWI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather