U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-07-2011, 06:11 PM

12 posts, read 7,932 times

Advertisements

Tbilisi for me - temperature range reminds me a bit of the Mid-Atlantic in the US. Batumi's just too rainy (although it's not a super terrible climate) and Tbilisi's winters aren't that bad.

There should be a Tbilisi v. Atlanta climate battle, incidentally.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 01:22 AM

4,865 posts, read 5,236,143 times
I tallied all the votes for every post here. 7 people voted for Batumi while 3 people voted for Tbilisi so far. In percentage, that means 70% of all votes went for Batumi vs. 30% for Tbilisi.
Batumi did very well in this competition so far.

The different reasons listed for people voting Batumi was for it being milder than Tbilisi, and Tbilisi being too dry while still getting almost the same exact amount of annual sunshine as Batumi.

People that picked Tbilisi picked it for being drier, marginally/tiny bit sunnier, and having warmer summers and/or colder winters.

Personally, I picked Batumi because Tbilisi is too dry for me and I dislike that Tbilisi gets roughly the same exact amount of annual sunshine as Batumi despite the much lower precipitation.

I actually prefer Tbilisiís warmer drier lower humidity summers but the things I like about Batumiís climate still upstages that. If Tbilisi got at least 20+ inches of precipitation more, and being a little bit warmer some months in winter, then I would have picked Tbilisi instead.

There are pros/cons for each of the 2 climates, and I can see why someone would pick either one.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather