U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 04:24 PM

4,756 posts, read 1,778,036 times

Advertisements

I hate the early sunsets

Nov. 15, 2011 Rise Set
Actual Time 7:41 AM CST 4:45 PM CST
Civil Twilight 7:05 AM CST 5:20 PM CST
Nautical Twilight 6:26 AM CST 6:00 PM CST
Astronomical Twilight 5:48 AM CST 6:38 PM CST
Moon 8:54 PM CST 11:44 AM CST
Length Of Visible Light 10h 15m
Length of Day
9h 04m

Shortest sun set is 4:27. longest one is 9:41

I would much rather have the sun set times of perth which is longest day set: 7:27 and shortest 5:19
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 04:41 PM

4,726 posts, read 2,031,208 times
In Paris:
Sunrise 8:01 AM
Sunset 5:10 PM

I don't mind morning commutes in the night so France is fine to me. I prefer it than being at the eastern end of a time zone like the UK or Poland. At the latest the sun comes out at 8:44 AM. But then we have our 10 PM sunsets in June.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:09 PM

19,078 posts, read 9,391,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Well I don't have nearly as much of a psychological need for daylight than many folks here. I prefer morning light over evening light. Do you really need to be outside for long periods of time every single day?
Sometimes I think at least half the posters here suffer from SAD or something. Or THINK they do...

Old 11-15-2011, 09:30 PM

10,734 posts, read 5,984,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sometimes I think at least half the posters here suffer from SAD or something. Or THINK they do...
I'm under that impression as well. Or they're just really sensitive.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:40 PM

28,567 posts, read 14,760,301 times
Quote:
I'm under that impression as well. Or they're just really sensitive.
Well I gave you my reasons why I want evening daylight. It's convenience as well as just liking daylight.

Although when I used to be in a windowless office, the SAD might have been almost accurate.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Well I gave you my reasons why I want evening daylight. It's convenience as well as just liking daylight.

Although when I used to be in a windowless office, the SAD might have been almost accurate.
Fair enough. It comes down to our personal preferences and lifestyles. Though I do question the psychological sensitivity of some here (not you, nei). I obviously whine about the long days of summer and stretches of sunny weather, but I've never been driven to the point of depression over something so trivial and out of our control. If that's your worse problem in life, then you have it pretty good.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:10 PM

19,078 posts, read 9,391,489 times
Quote:
Fair enough. It comes down to our personal preferences and lifestyles. Though I do question the psychological sensitivity of some here (not you, nei). I obviously whine about the long days of summer and stretches of sunny weather, but I've never been driven to the point of depression over something so trivial and out of our control. If that's your worse problem in life, then you have it pretty good.
Same. To me, the weather and climate are the least of my worries and the lowest on my criteria for quality of life. The people I sometimes interact with on a daily basis complain that it was too cloudy today, but really, I personally didn't notice it was cloudy (cause I had other things on my mind besides the cloud cover)

Old 11-15-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Weather allows us to do certain things.

This forum attracts people who are affected by the weather. At least 4 of the regular forum members have moved to a place for better weather (and maybe B1987 as well?)

Old 11-15-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Weather allows us to do certain things.

This forum attracts people who are affected by the weather. At least 4 of the regular forum members have moved to a place for better weather (and maybe B1987 as well?)
My point is that there are more important things in life to worry about than what time the sun sets. I understand that everyone has different lifestyles, interests, and preferences. And I don't doubt that climate plays a significant role in quality of life. I talk about it all the time. But so do a lot of other things.

People often move to more desirable climates, only to realize that the grass isn't always greener. There are much more important factors that drive happiness (social life, family, finances, etc.)

Old 11-15-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
My point is that there are more important things in life to worry about than what time the sun sets. I understand that everyone has different lifestyles, interests, and preferences. And I don't doubt that climate plays a significant role in quality of life. I talk about it all the time. But so do a lot of other things.
I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was more pointing out that a surprising number of people here have moved for weather-related reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather