U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Rate!
A 5 21.74%
B 7 30.43%
C 9 39.13%
D 2 8.70%
F 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2011, 04:30 PM

3,731 posts, read 3,044,897 times
Default Rate Climate: Stehekin, Washington

Stehekin, Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See link above for average and record temperatures, and precipitation averages. See images below for other factors to consider:

Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 04:37 PM

Solid A- for me. It would get an even A if minimums were a little lower in the winter, and a little warmer in the summer. And an A+ if summer record lows were out of the 30s. Other than that, this one looks fantastic to me. 4 real seasons, looks like a lot of snow in the winter, and a lot of hot, dry days in the summer. Add to the fact that it's located right on a lake (the largest lake in Washington, at that!) and I'm sold! (Also really like how small and remote this village is, accessible only by boat or private plane, but that is beside the climate! lol).

Last edited by cjg5; 11-24-2011 at 04:45 PM..

Old 11-24-2011, 04:50 PM

2,792 posts, read 2,722,131 times
C/C-
Looks very cloudy outside of Jul/Aug/Sep. Winters look downright dreary.
Winters are also colder and wetter than I'd like.
Summers look nice but a little too dry for my tastes. I could see most of the vegetation going brown by July. Summer temperatures look comfortable, though.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:23 PM

10,420 posts, read 5,481,674 times
B

Not bad at all. Sufficiently cold and snowy winters and summers are comfortable.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:18 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,017,136 times
D- looks a lot like Osoyoos in BC.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:37 PM

26,413 posts, read 12,826,936 times
Stehekin is only accessible by a rather pricey 50 mile boat ride. Community has less than 50 people and has no landline or mobile phone service (only satellite). Summers feel hot and dry...But the high annual precipitation keeps it rather green. Judging from the summers, I thought it'd be a great climate, but the winters are almost as cold as where I live and much cloudier.

Setting is super peaceful, beautiful and remote; surrounded by tall mountains.

some photos...

evening from Stehekin

next morning:

looking down from the mountain slopes towards Stehekin river valley:

and away from Stehekin towards the crest of the North Cascades:

Last edited by nei; 11-28-2011 at 03:21 PM..

Old 11-24-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Stehekin is only accessible by a rather pricey 50 mile boat ride. Community has less than 50 people and has no landline or mobile phone service (only satellite). Summers feel hot and dry...But the high annual precipitation keeps it rather green. Judging from the summers, I thought it'd be a great climate, but the winters are almost as cold as where I live and much cloudier.

Setting is super peaceful, beautiful and remote; surrounded by tall mountains.

some photos...

evening from Stehekin

next morning:

looking down from the mountain slopes towards Stehekin river valley:

and away from Stehekin towards the crest of the North Cascades:
Wonderful photos thanks for sharing!

Stehekin is one of the few places in this state I haven't been to, but would really LOVE to visit for a few days or a week or two or more. Been to Chelan a few times, but never Stehekin.

BTW they DO have land line service now, I believe.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:02 PM

26,413 posts, read 12,826,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Wonderful photos thanks for sharing!

Stehekin is one of the few places in this state I haven't been to, but would really LOVE to visit for a few days or a week or two or more. Been to Chelan a few times, but never Stehekin.

BTW they DO have land line service now, I believe.
Stehekin is a hidden gem. Great campgrounds, too. Large black bear population (saw one, and was told there was one wandering next to my campsite while I saw away. Someone should me a photo of it sniffing my tent) Met someone else who had seen a mountain lion...

There wasn't land line service when I was there this August. I couldn't get the satellite phone to work, but I didn't try very hard.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:42 AM

4,412 posts, read 1,740,833 times
Wow very nice climate for Washington. A solid B. It doesn't get an A only because of the dry summers.

Btw these are beautiful photos!

Old 11-25-2011, 06:03 AM

272 posts, read 178,366 times
I give it a C.. Summers are a little hot and dry for me but the winters look nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather