Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 10:40 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times

Advertisements

saturday is gonna be 34 celsius again, it looks like "cooling off" will only last two days

Im HATING THIS JANUARY

im baking right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 11:06 AM

La Ciudad es un horno y hay alerta amarillo por el calor

La sensación térmica superó los 40 grados en la Ciudad de Buenos Aires y seguirá igual en el día de mañana. La máxima prevista para Cuyo es de 44. El miércoles, con la lluvia, llegará el alivio.

- 09/01/12 - 14:01

De aguantar se trata. El miércoles, pronostican, la lluvia apagará la ola de calor que cocina a fuego lento a porteños y habitantes del Gran Buenos Aires desde el viernes. Hoy, la máxima prevista era de unos insoportables 38 grados; pero a las 14 horas, en la Ciudad de Buenos Aires superó los 40 grados.

La advertencia de alerta amarilla emitida por el Servicio Meteorológico Nacional (SMN) implica que las elevadas marcas térmicas pueden ser peligBullBoxer31 para la salud de bebés, niños, mayores de 65 años y pacientes con enfermedades crónicas.

Pisando el mediodía, el sol calcina y cada metro cuadrado de sombra cotiza alto.

El viernes el SMN lanzó un parte especial por altas temperaturas que afectarán hasta hoy al norte de la Patagonia y hasta mañana a provincias del centro y norte del país. La región más castigada por el calor es la cuyana. En San Juan se esperan hoy 44 grados y en Mendoza, 41. Con pronósticos por encima de los 40 se encuentran también Resistencia (Chaco) y Corrientes.

En la Costa, también las condiciones son óptimas para los que eligieron ese destino para veranear. El combo sol + 30 grados es casi inmejorable.

Para la provincia de Buenos Aires se esperan 38 de máxima, con cielo de a ratos algo nublado y vientos moderados que soplan del norte. Mañana, habrá que continuar con la resistencia: al calor acumulado se le suma una previsión de 25 grados de mínima y 37 de máxima. A la noche, el cielo comenzará a preludiar el ansiado alivio.

El miércoles se esperan lluvias que harían descender 10 grados la máxima (caería hasta 28). Los vientos comenzarán a soplar desde el sur, con ráfagas. El jueves, las marcas seguirán en descenso y oscilarán entre los 16 y los 25.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 AM

this was just published by the top-selling newspaper, Clarin. Title means, "The city is an OVEN and theres a yellow alert for the heat". (it refers to the city of Buenos Aires, btw)

It also says heat index got over 40 celsius at 14:00hs (its 15:00 now) and the alert is that people should be careful, drink lots of water even if they arent thirsty, and try to not get out and be under the sun.
It says relief is gonna come on thursday, but we are hoping.
It also says tomorrow is gonna be same temp as today
and tonight is gonna be a very hot night.
I predict a 34 celsius night!

Old 01-09-2012, 07:39 PM

11:38 pm: 32 celsius!!!!

I never ever ever experienced such a hot night in my life

ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:05 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

Do you have air conditioning? Maybe you need to take a cool weather break (just a suggestion)

Old 01-09-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGreen View Post
Do you have air conditioning? Maybe you need to take a cool weather break (just a suggestion)

No i dont. i dont even know whats temp inside my appartment, but temp outside is 32 celsius, heat index of 34. My appartment is so hot that is unbelievable. Its like a SAUNA, no kidding, specially when im sleeping with balcony windowns open and if i go outside to the balcony, temps is also SO heated!!!!!

I have a new fan that i bought, but really, the air is so hot everywhere that it just revolves the hot air.

Im holding and iced bottle of water right now.

Im gonna turn out the computer, cause the heat of the computer is killing me. I dont think ill be able to sleep, but i will lie down and drink cold water in the darkness.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
this was just published by the top-selling newspaper, Clarin. Title means, "The city is an OVEN and theres a yellow alert for the heat". (it refers to the city of Buenos Aires, btw)

It also says heat index got over 40 celsius at 14:00hs (its 15:00 now) and the alert is that people should be careful, drink lots of water even if they arent thirsty, and try to not get out and be under the sun.
It says relief is gonna come on thursday, but we are hoping.
It also says tomorrow is gonna be same temp as today
and tonight is gonna be a very hot night.
I predict a 34 celsius night!
I predicted a 34 celsius night today at 3 in the afternoon and guess what^?? 32 celsius with a heat index of 34!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:

A thermometer in the center of my old city used to read (90°F) that late at night (well more like 8 or 9 pm) on hot days. That's when I knew it was broken.

Last edited by nei; 01-09-2012 at 09:12 PM..

Old 01-09-2012, 08:44 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Looks like Wednesday will be ok. Just one more day!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:03 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,755 times
Quote:
No i dont. i dont even know whats temp inside my appartment, but temp outside is 32 celsius, heat index of 34. My appartment is so hot that is unbelievable. Its like a SAUNA, no kidding, specially when im sleeping with balcony windowns open and if i go outside to the balcony, temps is also SO heated!!!!!

I have a new fan that i bought, but really, the air is so hot everywhere that it just revolves the hot air.

Im holding and iced bottle of water right now.

Im gonna turn out the computer, cause the heat of the computer is killing me. I dont think ill be able to sleep, but i will lie down and drink cold water in the darkness.
Sorry to hear that. Although I prefer warmth over cold, I do prefer it cooler at night. Here in Sydney the highest minimum on record was 27.6C last February but we have fairly high humdity here.

We run air con most nights across Jan-Mar and a circulating fan over spring and autumn with the windows open.

I knew a woman who grew up in Seville, Spain and commented how hot the evenings were in summer and without air conditioning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather