Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 01:36 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
You should make friends with someone who has A/C and go to their apartment all the time
lol

*temps rises above 32 celsius* riiiing...hi insertnamehere how u doing? wanna hang out here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
I remember during a heat wave, me and my friend went my office to stay cool until bed time. Perhaps we could have brought sleeping bags there. Temperature was something like 95/74 ish.

Last edited by nei; 01-11-2012 at 02:26 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 01:43 PM

lol, nei, thats funny! my boyfriend was joking on monday he was gonna stay in his ofice during extra hours cause temp outside was 40c, he doesnt have A/C either :P

Old 01-11-2012, 02:30 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Sleeping outside on the porch or balcony is also something I considered; didn't try because I was at my parent's house with A/C during the last heat wave.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:47 PM

lol, i will sleep outside many times if it wasnt for bats. I have a huge balcony in floor 12 and i hear the bats flying

but the really HOT night of 34 celsius (monday) was so so so hot that not even bats were in the air. No bats, no flys, nothing, not ANY bug, while usually hot nights of summer are full of bugs. Me and my boyfriend have a theory that it was SO HOT that even summer bugs emigrate.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:59 PM

839 posts, read 3,074,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
No If you wanna go to a swimming pool in the insane heat of the summer you have to pay big amounts of money to a club or paid swimming pools. It also does not have a river that can be used (rio de la plata is contaminated and unaccesible) and closest ocean is 300km away. So .
I'm not so sure there's no public swimming pools. I've read that there are in fact, but I never went to one, and the quality of it I don't know.

As for the swimming pool and A/C, the new buldings usually don't come with A/C so it's up to the owner (or the tenant) to put A/C on his/her apt.
However, many new buldings come with a shared swimming pool, either on the ground or on the rooftops. I saw all this when I was looking for an apt to rent.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:04 PM

are there public swimming pools? where? and if there are, why people keep going into rio de la plata in hot days and all this news reports of people going into the river when its forbidden keep coming up in tv?

did you find a building with pool, sanfel?

i did and its a great choice, i probably will kill myself if it wasnt for this pool, lol

Old 01-11-2012, 03:31 PM

839 posts, read 3,074,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
are there public swimming pools? where? and if there are, why people keep going into rio de la plata in hot days and all this news reports of people going into the river when its forbidden keep coming up in tv?

did you find a building with pool, sanfel?

i did and its a great choice, i probably will kill myself if it wasnt for this pool, lol
It seems that there are public swimming pools in Circuito KDT in Palermo. They aren't free but they are very cheap compared to those private ones you mentioned.

Just google it and you'll see.

As to the swimming pool, I'm not a big fan of spending a lot of time in the swimming pool, though I enjoy it for 3 or 4 hours sure.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:01 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Lulz. That would be good by British standards (4.7hrs per day). Good by Buxton standards anyway.

What is your usual sunshine hour average for January?

Fuxton is well below average for even January this winter with just 6 hours sun so far this year.
269 hours is the average for January, so it's at about 60% of the average so far.

6 hours is pretty sad. Sunny days make winter enjoyable.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:22 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,599,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
269 hours is the average for January, so it's at about 60% of the average so far.

6 hours is pretty sad. Sunny days make winter enjoyable.
Up to 9th, all of NZ north of a line from Ch'ch to Westport is below average - should improve as the month goes by.

Locally we're already looking at our 3rd consecutive summer with sunshine below average, barring a near-miracle. Due almost exclsuively to poor Dec & Jan totals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather