Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 06:00 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,997,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godnme62246 View Post
Wanting to know the year round temperatures in Malawi Africa. does it freeze there ever or very much.
Perhaps this will give you some clues, but data is hard to come by. Except for the highest elevations, I don't think it freezes in an average year or even comes close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 AM

26 posts, read 29,697 times
it is rather strange for me that nobody has mentioned Perth yet.I think it has no real competitors-absolutely an ideal climate.

Last edited by circassian; 03-11-2012 at 07:43 AM..

Old 03-11-2012, 07:24 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,587,584 times
^^Perth's climate is pretty comfortable generally, but it doesn't meet my personal view of an ideal climate. Too dry in summer, and no real chance of cold winter temperatures and snow. I do like the fact that when we do get cloudy days it tends to rain, not a big fan of cloud hanging around if its not raining.

Somewhere with distinct winter and summer seasons, with neither very cold winters or very hot summers along with evenly distributed, moderate rainfall is my ideal climate. Somewhere like Richmond, Virginia is suited to my preferences...it also has fairly high sunshine hours throughout the year which is nice.

Richmond, Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by sulkiercupid; 03-11-2012 at 07:33 AM..

Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CairoCanadian View Post
Eucla might appeal, too, though it has somewhat more of ''winter'':

Eucla, Western Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Nullabor is prone to extremes though...The old WA record for hottest temperature was at Eucla, surprisingly. Most of the old records are now considered inaccurate due to measuring equipment but the Nullabor can still get stinking hot in summer, due to it's exposed location. Nearby Eyre, quite amazingly, holds the WA record for lowest temperature, of -7C. Eyre is very close to the coast, with the weather station located on very pale sand dunes. Still it's an amazing temperature for a sea-level station in Australia. Only in the Nullabor, a weird place in many respects.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
^^Perth's climate is pretty comfortable generally, but it doesn't meet my personal view of an ideal climate. Too dry in summer, and no real chance of cold winter temperatures and snow. I do like the fact that when we do get cloudy days it tends to rain, not a big fan of cloud hanging around if its not raining.

Somewhere with distinct winter and summer seasons, with neither very cold winters or very hot summers along with evenly distributed, moderate rainfall is my ideal climate. Somewhere like Richmond, Virginia is suited to my preferences...it also has fairly high sunshine hours throughout the year which is nice.

Richmond, Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's not comfortable now...lol. Perth gets a lot more heatwaves than San Diego. I say SD is the more comfortable of the two, for sure, which is saying a lot because Perth is generally a very mild place.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:54 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,413,567 times
Nu labour? I thought that was one of the Australian political parties til I educated myself on it.

It certainly isn't a perfect year round climate, too hot and dry. Something with decent average temperatures near room temperature, and evenly distributed rainfall and sunshine would be best.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:57 AM

OMG!i can't believe my eyes-those who live in perth are not completely satiesfied with its climate.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by circassian View Post
OMG!i can't believe my eyes-those who live in perth are not completely satiesfied with its climate.
I'm mostly satisfied, but it's not my ideal climate. Especially in recent years how summers are so hot and it's been so dry in general.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:23 AM

sydney has the same year average temperature - 18 C and the main diff. is summer percip maximum.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:47 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,587,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
It's not comfortable now...lol. Perth gets a lot more heatwaves than San Diego. I say SD is the more comfortable of the two, for sure, which is saying a lot because Perth is generally a very mild place.
Yeh thats true, San Diego is certainly less prone to heatwaves and has more comfortable days in the 18C-25C range...don't really like the low rainfall totals there though.

A perfect year round climate for me involves more variety between seasons in temperature, rather than every month being in an optimal comfort range as well as higher and more evenly distributed rainfall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather